▪️Chapter 23

Edited

Edited.

"Please answer the phone" I said to myself as I bite my lips hard, trying to hold in my tears, but it was no use.

"Haera, stop hiding. Come out and tell me the truth" a few knocks were heard, followed by Junhee's stern voice. I close my eyes tight, letting my tears fall as I tried to call Minho once again.

"You need to help me. They can't know yet" I said to myself quietly, waiting for the other line to answer.

"Haera" Junhee knock on the door once again. It took me a minute to think before deciding as I take in a deep breath and twirl open the bathroom's doorknob. Junhee's face was the first thing I saw, followed by others' disgusted face.

I immediately look down at my feet. All of them think I'm selfish for dating someone during my traineeship while Xera and Seyong, they're thinking that I'm cheating on Vernon and actually hated me for that.

"Finally" he sighed before pulling me by my hand, dragging me out of my dorm.

"Junhee, where are you taking me?" I freaked out. He can't be taking me to PD, right?

"Company" he said shortly, pushing me inside his car but I hold myself away from his grip.

"Junhee, please. I can explain it to you but please don't take me to PD" I begged him. He sighed, shaking his head.

"I'm not taking you to PD. You're not safe here. Lee Know's fans are coming after you so we need to go to the company because that is the safest place for now" Junhee explained, once again pushing me in his car. I gave myself in and followed him towards the company.

It feels like my heart jump out of my chest when I see a crowd of girls waiting in front of the company with banners saying how Lee Know are theirs and how they want to break us apart. I hug myself tightly as I tried my best to make myself invisible in the seat.

"Don't worry, they won't see you. We'll take the back door" Junhee said, turning his wheels towards the back door of the company. I nod, scared. This is actually bringing back my past memories.

"Come on" Junhee opened my door. I look around, to see no one else in the basement, and got out of Junhee's car.

"I swear, I can explain it to you. But I'm scared of what will happen" I said quickly. They can't kick me out yet. My parents are hoping for my success.

"I know, it's fine. Let's just go to my office. You need to calm down first and when you're ready, you can tell me everything that I need to know. Okay?" he reasurred. I nod, following after him.

When I got in the company, everyone was staring into my souls. I thought the staff wouldn't mind much, but their eyes are like lasers that could kill. I hug myself tighter, hoping that I could disappear from this world.

"Get in" Junhee said as soon as he opened the door of his office. I nod my head, slowly getting in the room.

"Do you want some coffee?" he asked after I've settled down on the sofa.