Part I: 1.

The new captain

The new captain

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Wood!" Oliver looked behind him, the sun shining straight into his eyes. He lifted his hand up to block the rays to pierce through him.
The third year boy looked up at Charlie Weasley who smiled at him.
"Huddle up!" He told him.
The whole gryffindor quidditch team huddled into a corner.
"Last game of the year everyone!! We have to win this! Can we do it!?" Everyone shouted a yes, patting each other's backs and pumping up the adrenaline.

"Gryffindor!" The team walked out on the pitch. Madame Hooch was about to tell them to mount their brooms but was stopped by Charlie.
"I would like to change my keeper's position" He told her.
Oliver's face paled. It was the last game of the season! Charlie could've surely let him play.
"Wood!" Charlie called him, Oliver reluctantly walked towards the captain. He could hear murmurs from the his team and sniggers from the other.
"You're no longer keeper" Charlie told him and Oliver frowned in confusion. Was he that bad? No! He was better than most players in his team! Why would Charlie ever do this? He wanted to protest and he wanted to reason with Charlie but everything inside of Oliver shut down when Charlie unpinned a silver badge that was stuck on his quidditch robes and pulled Oliver closer.

"You deserve it" Charlie told him as he finished pinning the shiny badge on the younger boy's chest.
Oliver looked up at him awestruck as the redhead winked at him. He then looked down to his chest and ran his hand over the badge.

Captain.

"Look at that folks! The new Gryffindor captain has been appointed! It is their Keeper! Oliver Wood!"
The previously quiet stands now roared and applauded,
The third year boy was on the verge of tears but held it in, his wide grin not faltering even once.
The whole house of Godric Gryffindor was cheering for him, he felt pride and happiness. His dream of becoming a quidditch captain had come true.
You deserve it. Charlie Weasley's voice echoed in his ears.
"Players. Mount your broom" Madame hooch said.
"Thank you Charlie" Oliver said floating next to the seventh year.
"You deserve it Wood! I know you will do a great job" With that the seeker zoomed away from Oliver.

The match started in no time, the chasers from slytherin grabbed the quaffle and zoomed past the gryffindor ones. Escaping the bludger, chaser 3 on the slytherin team threw the quaffle towards the middle hoop as Oliver leaped to save it.
"Wood saves his first goal!" The commentator's voice boomed as the gryffindor house cheered.
"Another save from Wood!"

After a few hoops that gryffindor had passed the quaffle through, Slytherin was back with the ball and rushing past other Gryffindors.
Oliver was on the left most hoop when chased 2 from the slytherin team threw the quaffle through the rightmost goal. Oliver sped himself up on his broom and reached out his arm to save it barely making it.
"And that's a magnificent and risky save from our keeper!" He touched his arm and winced at the pain.

His arm felt almost broken as he tried to move it. The quaffle has come in with more force than Oliver could handle. He whipped his head up from his arm to see a bludger coming right at him.
Oliver swiftly moved to one side and let the bludger pass but didn't notice the Quaffle coming at him with greater force.
"Oh no! Slytherins are playing it rough!"
Oliver Wood was thrown through the hoop along with the Quaffle.
"Score for Slytherin but Gryffindor still in the lead by 10 points!"
Charlie Weasley called for a time out and flew towards wood who had fallen down and was gripping his stomach.
"Wood! You alive?" Charlie asked.
"I'm okay. Just my stomach. I think I'm going to-" The poor boy gagged trying not to throw up.
"Sit out for the rest of the game" Charlie told him.
"No! I'm okay! I'll play! We can't lose!" He said still clutching his stomach and barely able to speak.
"You're badly hurt Wood"
"I can do it...Just let me"

Oliver was back on his broom, feeling a little queasy but determined to win.
The match continued and he did his best to focus. The quaffle came at him. His one hand clutched on his stomach and his other on the broom trying to balance himself, Wood took the quaffle to his head and hit it with great force.
"That's a save from Wood! Gryffindor still in lead thanks to our new captain!" All the pain in his stomach and head was non existent when he heard the word captain echo in his ears.
"Charlie Weasley has caught the snitch! Gryffindor wins the Quidditch cup!"

Charlie Weasley and Jacob Collins hoisted the new captain on their shoulders.
"You played exceptionally Wood!" Charlie told him as he laughed in joy and Victory.
"Saved up to 5 attempted goals!" Jacob was amazed.
Oliver felt a rush in his body, he felt accomplished but soon that rush became vomit as he threw up on the ground. Charlie and Jacob quickly brought him down as wood sank to the floor.
Despite the throwing up and the aftermath of being hit with a quaffle coming at him with great force, Oliver was happy.
Quidditch Captain

The next few days, the boy didn't take that badge off of his chest. There was still a little less than a month of school left and Oliver was already planning on what he would do as captain.
"We will need new beaters and a new seeker" He said as he laid on his four poster bed in the gryffindor dorms.
"You do know we have exams coming up right? Focus on That first" Percy Weasley told him, looking up from his book.
"I'll pass! But without your brother, I'm not sure if we will be able to win the cup next year. I'll miss him being seeker" He looked at the ceiling but all he could see was the quidditch pitch. Percy sighed audibly.
"Won't you? Miss him" Oliver asked looking at his dorm mate.
"I have plenty of them. One goes, another arrives" He shrugged. Percy wasn't usually this rude about his family, Oliver remembered how upset he was to see Bill leaving. The boy was just not bothered to talk to his friend because he was too busy studying.
"Do you reckon we'll be able to win next year?" Oliver asked.
"No" Percy said trying to end the conversation.
Oliver has finally given up on trying to talk to Percy about quidditch.
"What are you studying?" He asked waking over to the other bed.
"Divination" Percy replied grumpily.
"That's why you're so out of it." Oliver chuckled.
Percy let out a groan of frustration and closed his book. "You'll never let me study, will you?"
The redhead put his book on his side-table and looked at the gryffindor in front of him.
"Want to go meet Penny?" Oliver asked with a knowing smirk.
"Is this just an excuse to get me out of this room?" Percy asked trying to suppress a blush.
"Maybe" Oliver raised his eyebrows slightly
"Let's go"