40

The first Quidditch match and Oliver was ready to crush Slytherin

The first Quidditch match and Oliver was ready to crush Slytherin. He had new tactics and more practice than any other team.

The only problem was the weather.The rain was pouring like waterfalls from the sky and the visibility was super low.

"Are you sure you'll be able to play in this weather?" Delilah asked him.

"We will play" Oliver was in full quidditch mode, "The weather can't stop us!" He was rather enthusiastic about it. Classic Oliver Wood, first match of the year and his hopes higher than the gryffindor tower but by the end of the year it goes down below the black lake.
This year, he was desperate to win, to prove himself.

His team on the other hand was more annoyed with him than ever. They could barely see five feet ahead and Oliver was being a little too tough on them.

When he found  out that slytherin backed out of the game and Hufflepuff was playing, Delilah swore she saw his eyes literally light up.
Hufflepuff had no practice, they were not prepared for the match which meant Victory would be Gryffindor's.

They all made their way to the pitch together, soaking in the rain despite the raincoats and umbrellas. Alexander was in a foul mood this whole time and he walked with them grumbling with his arms crossed over his chest and his teeth gritted.

Delilah was telling Connor and Percy about the amount of potions homework she had when a Hufflepuff boy came up to Connor. He smiled at him and started talking to him as the group halted near the stands. The two boys stood a little distant from the rest of the group and with the overpowering rain, they couldn't hear any of their conversation.

"Isn't that-"
"-Aiden Days" Alexander cut in, "I'm going to go wish Oliver luck" He started to walk off when Delilah stopped him, "what's happening between you two?" She asked.

"Nothing" Alexander's body was tended. She gave him a quirked brow and he opened his mouth to say something but Connor joint the group back.

"Ask him" Alexander muttered. Delilah looked between the two, "What happened?"

"He's being stupid" Connor rolled his eyes, "he thinks I was flirting with Aiden"

Delilah frowned and looked over at Percy, Jesse and Clarissa for help but they wanted to stay out of it.
"Well, Connor were you?" Delilah asked him.

"No! He's a friend" He frowned.

"He wasn't. So we're all good" She was trying to wrap it up, trying to fix whatever was wrong. Alexander and Connor didn't fight, they were perfect together.
"I saw you both the other day!" Alexander burst out.

"I was talking to him!" Connor retorted.

"Okay, about what?" Alexander asked challenging him to answer because he knew exactly what Connor would say.