12

If it were up to Delilah, she would have skipped Clarissa's first Quidditch match on the team but it was not

If it were up to Delilah, she would have skipped Clarissa's first Quidditch match on the team but it was not. It was however, It was up to Jesse and Connor to go to the match themselves, they did not. It was up to Oliver Wood to keep his mouth shut about it but he did not. And there was Delilah covered in a thick jumper and a Gryffindor scarf being dragged to the pitch by Jesse and Connor.

"Do I have to?" She asked with a fowl look on her face.
"Yes" Connor and Jesse said in unison before chuckling at each other.

The girl grumpily walked behind the two boys as they went to the stands. Her eyes were glued to the pitch.
"Lil!" James came up from behind her with a wide grin on his face.
"How are you James?" She asked before pecking his cheeks.
"Pumped for the match" his face was showing excitement.
"Who are you supporting?" Delilah asked trying not to look too bored.
"If I don't support Gryffindor, will I really be your boyfriend?" Boyfriend. That word felt so strange to Delilah. She hadn't dated anyone before or even been interested in someone.
"Well, it hardly matters to me. Quidditch isn't of my interest" She shrugged. Regret. He was trying to make conversation and she just shut him down.
"Oh, well I will still support your house on your behalf" He smiled and Delilah was grateful that he didn't make a big deal out of it. She couldn't help but smile with him too.

They all stopped near the stands as Oliver and Clarissa approached them.
"You came!" Clarissa squealed happily and hugged Delilah. Delilah smiled at her.
"You came!" Oliver mocked and replaced Clarissa.
Delilah's smile morphed into a frown.
"You'll be very interested in the match because you actually love Quidditch" He whispered in her ear before letting go of the hug.
Delilah narrowed her eyes at the boy who passed her a wink. James was not happy about it and glared at the Scottish boy.
"Good luck Clare!" Delilah said with a grin, ignoring the two boys.
"Thanks lil! We will surely win!"
"We better" Oliver said, "let's go Clare"
The two players left to prepare for the match and the rest go the group walked up to the stands.

Connor spotted Alexander and Percy quickly and all of them joined the two. Alexander had a camera in his hands as per Oliver's instructions. Oliver wanted to remember his first match as a captain well. Alexander was also supposed to observe Delilah which sounded rather creepy but he didn't question his best friend.

Oliver's nerves weren't going to calm any time soon. His palms were sweaty and his heart was pounding like drums. It was his first year as captain and he wanted to prove that he was worth it, not to others but more to himself.

"Okay everyone! Listen up!" He clapped his hands and the team huddled up around him. He saw his two beaters, giggling and smiling with confidence. His three chasers, a little nervous but not showing it. His seeker, a little too confident maybe and then himself, swearing the hell out.

"This is my first year as captain and I have to prove myself to each and everyone of you but for that you will need to coordinate with me. I trust that you are ready for this match. I have been observing each of you"
"Creepy" the two beaters, George Weasley and Fred Weasley said in unison.
"You both have great chemistry, communicate with your twin brain thing!" Oliver said, ignoring their comments, "My chasers! You three are the best! I know it! So don't be nervous and play like your life depends on it, because it does." He gave the three girls a pointed look.
"My seeker! Don't be too overconfident. You're a great player, focus on the snitch and the snitch only. Ready?"
"Ready!" They all answered.