43

"Go! Now!"

"I-"
"This is none of your business. Leave."

And Delilah did. Oliver wasn't sure what to do anymore. He made his way to the dining room where his parents stood completely furious.
"What's going on here?" Oliver asked closing his eyes and taking a deep breath to calm his nerves.
"I'm here to meet you" his 'mother' smiled at him and it only made him more furious.
"Should've done that eleven years ago" He rolled his eyes.
"Look, if Oliver doesn't want to meet you, it's his choice, if he does, we support that too. But don't just show up like this!" Mrs. Wood was angry and annoyed. Did she secretly hope that Oliver didn't want to meet his real mother? Maybe. Was it wrong? Possibly.
"You're right it was wrong of my to come here just like that but he is my son-"
"-was"
"-And I have the right to see him" she said.
"But I don't want anything to do with you" Oliver frowned, "They are my parents, you were the woman who left me."
"I was young and scared, the war was at our heads"
"You should've thought about it before you gave birth to me" He clenched his jaw and his hands curled into tight fists, nails digging into his palms.
"Can we not talk about it?"
"NO! THERE IS NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT" Oliver shouted.
"Oliver! Tone it down" His father scolded and Oliver glared at him questioningly.
"We think you should talk, figure it out. Calmly" Mrs. Wood told him. It was the right thing to do, he deserved to know his real mother.
"Come on Oliver, I haven't seen you in years!"
"Well that's your fault"

Oliver slammed his door and locked it to avoid any contact. It wasn't fair to him, to anyone. He didn't want to meet that woman who left him, who abandoned him. His hands ran through his hair as he thought about what had happened this day. He felt guilty for being bitter to Delilah bur didn't have the mental energy to actually write an apology to her. He felt anger flooding through him when he first saw her. Why was his 'mother' still here? Why would she come back eleven years later for no reason? Just to meet him? There had to be something about it, a catch.
He felt sad, all those feelings flushing back to him, that feeling of being left, lonely, scared.
He didn't want to see her, she was not his mother.

Delilah came home very confused. She popped into the fireplace and walked out blankly trying to process what had just happened.
"You're home early", Megan Rose stood before her with a grin.
"Yeah.." Delilah frowned, "I'm not sure what exactly happened"
"What do you mean?" She sat down on the armchair beside her.
"Umm, well his mother showed up"
"Did you both do something?"
"No, his real mother" Delilah sat down with her aunt and explained everything to her. She told her about Oliver's past and what happened today. She wasn't sure how to react to it or even if she should've interfered.
"I think you should give him space," Megan told her niece, "He'll owl you for sure, when he's ready"

Oliver didn't owl for the rest of the week and Delilah decided not to dwell on it too much, she couldn't possibly do much. She decided to show up at platform nine and three quarters and wait for Oliver to tell her when he was ready.