18

Delilah and Oliver were back to normal

Delilah and Oliver were back to normal. It was as if they never had the talk at the Quidditch pitch a few weeks ago.
The girl still had no idea what was happening with her parents and Jesse had still not confessed to Clarissa.
James was a forgotten soul, it was as if he never existed in the group's life.

Delilah and Oliver were different people after midnight and before 6am, they were friends who could talk to each other about anything, who could share their insecurities without judgement or just sit in silence when there was nothing to say and the wind would say everything for them.

"I'm terrified of bludgers.." Oliver once confessed.
"You play Quidditch with seething passion, stop playing," Delilah told him, rolling her eyes.

"I'm not joking. I was never going to try out for the team. In my first match I took a bludger to the head, I was never afraid after that," he seemed all too proud.

Delilah burst out into fits of laughter."I can't believe The Oliver Wood was scared of bludgers!"

"Well, are you not?" He asked, "Are you a beater? Is that the position you play?"

"I'm not telling you what I played and I don't play quidditch anymore," Delilah told him.

"I think you play seeker. Not much of a chaser and Definitely not a keeper!" Oliver said and Delilah punched his shoulder, not so lightly.

"I think my favorite one yet is Dahlia, it's pretty close to your first name" Oliver smirked at the girl sitting beside him. The sky was dark and the stars gave them light, the moon was gone and the winds were howling.
"You want me to be Delilah Dahlia?," Delilah scrunched her nose as her eyebrows knit together.
"Okay, maybe not."

"I haven't spoken to my parents in months"
"Did McGonagall tell you anything about them?"
"Last thing I heard was that they were in trouble with the ministry"
"What kind of trouble?"
"If I knew, I wouldn't be worrying over here!"

"So, are you and Jesse really dating?"
"You're thick, Wood! Ofcourse not!"
"You're telling me that after over 4 years of friendship, you both never had feelings for each other?"
"Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying"

January morphed into February rather quickly. Valentine's Day was close and Jesse was panicking.
"What if she says no?"
"Too bad then! But if you don't try, you'll never give her a chance to say yes!," Connor told the boy.
"But-"
"The only butt I want to see is yours sitting next to Clarissa, asking her out,"
"That was an odd statement but okay, I'm going to do it!," Jesse wiped his sweaty palms on his jeans and walked over to where Delilah and Clarissa were sitting.
"Lil, I need to talk to Clary" Jesse gave the girl a knowing look and she immediately stood up and stood next to Connor. The two were ready to squeal in excitement.
"Do you want to go to hogsmeade with me?" Jesse asked her.
"We are, though," Clarissa replies.
"No..on the fourteenth"
"Sure," the girl replied casually.
"As a date"
"Yes sure" she shrugged her shoulders.
"I don't even have to convince you?," Jesse was very very confused.
"No you don't. I'll go on a date with you"
"But-"
"I could say no and then you could convince me if you want," Clarissa looked at him quizically.
"No! Thats okay! I'll pick you up in the morning from your common room.."
"You better!," She laughed at the nervous boy,
"I guess I'll go then..."