8.

Delilah entered the potions classroom with dread

Delilah entered the potions classroom with dread. She didn't have anything against Snape. He wasn't awfully rude to her like he was to the other Gryffindors but she wasn't the best at potions and she hated that class with her whole heart.

But that too was not the reason of dread. Oliver Wood was her reason of dread. The moment Delilah entered the class, Oliver approached her and asked her to sit beside him. She refused to do so but Snape told her to take a seat and she had two options, move to her left and sit with Ally Thompson who was not the most nicest or kindest person or any better at potions , or sit next to Oliver who was decent at potions but a little annoying.

The choice was obvious, she didn't have a choice. Oliver grinned widely as she took a seat next to him and Snape started the class.

It was not until he was done explaining the potion did Oliver speak up.
"I have so many questions, Lavender!" He whisper-shouted. Delilah didn't say anything in response.
The two started working on their potion.

"Did you play beater at some point?" He asked her and Delilah once again ignored it.
"If you're not going to answer my questions, I'm just going to assume that you did. That would spread wrong information about you just like the daily prophet does, and I know very well that you hate it"
Delilah's eyebrows knit together as she gave the boy a death glare. "Do you have to be so annoying? I'm trying to focus on my potion here" She said with a hint of frustration lacing her voice.
"I just need to know! I'm curious" He replied putting something in the cauldron.

"Mr Wood, anything you would like to share with the class?" The potions master asked with a sneer.
"No, sir"
"Then I suggest you go back to your potion instead of talking with Ms. Rose" He said before walking to some other student's table.

Delilah let out a huff before struggling to keep up with the potion.
"What were you doing at the pitch anyways?" Oliver questioned yet again, this time much more careful.
"Nothing!" Delilah whispered back, "now if you'll excuse me, I have to finish this potion before-" the girl's eyes went wide as her potion started to bubble furiously, "-it starts to bubble" she completed her sentence.

Oliver frantically stirred and added things to the potion to try and fix it while Delilah went through the pages of their book to find something to save it.

Unfortunately the potion quickly rose up and fell out and over cauldron, some of it splashing onto Delilah's hand.
Delilah gasped loudly clutching her hand.
"It burns!" She hissed.
Oliver unclutched her hand from her own grip to take a look at it.
"Let's take you to the hospital wing" he said blowing air at the burned skin.
"Ms. Rose, Mr. Wood, don't think this injury will get you out of trouble. Detention tonight" with that the professor ushered the two students out of the class.

"I don't understand, did you mess up the order of something?" Oliver asked walking with Delilah towards the hospital wing.
"I followed it exactly as how he told us too!"
"So did I!"
"If you weren't disturbing me, maybe we would've stopped it"
"Well you're the one who didn't answer my questions!"
"And now I have detention because of you!"
"I have it too! So don't blame it all on me"
"Do you have to be so annoying?"
"Do you have to be so stubborn!?"
After another few moments of bickering, the two finally reached madame pomfrey.