The First Day

Narrator POV.

the sun shined through the windows of the girl's dormitory in Gryffindor tower. Rebecca stood in front of the mirror in the Gryffindor girl's bathroom, along with most of the girls. She was brushing her long ebony hair witch cascaded down her back stopping more then halfway down her back. She finished and began to head out and go to breakfast when Lavender (who was trying to do a fancy hairstyle) turned to her and asked. "Are you going to leave your hair like that" which made Rebecca roll her eyes, she never understood why people spent their time trying to do extravagant hairstyle's. "Yes why" "It's just that it our first day don't you want to make a lasting impression" "No, I'm perfectly fine with how I look, but if you need to do something with your hair to what did you say a lasting impression go ahead I on the other hand prefer to use my personality and intelligence thank you very much." and with that she turned and left.

She exited the common room and saw Harry and Ron up ahead and ran towards them. "Hay how are you doing?" She said as they smiled "Starving" said Ron "Nervous." Harry said "Well it's a good thing we're heading to breakfast and about your nerves Harry you have nothing to fear from the classes, well every class except for Snape's" they looked at me as we continued to head for the Great Hall. "What why?" Harry asked. "Well Snape's mean to everyone especially Gryffindor's but Snape went to school with your parent's and well-" "What?" Ron said "well your dad and Snape hated each other" "So he hates me because he hated my Father" "Yes" There was silence which was only broken by the other students whispering.

"There, look" "Where?" "Next to the tall kid with red hair and the McGonagall girl." "Wearing the glasses?" "Did you see his face?" "Did you see his scar?" The whispers followed them all the way to the Great Hall. They sat down and began to eat Rebecca chatting away with Fred, Harry and Ron as George and Dean talk about some prank they wanted to pull. Rebecca turned to look at the staff table and saw her mother gesturing for her to come. she got up and headed towards her. "Morning" I said as I hugged her. "Good morning, are you excited for your first day" "Very I can't wait I've been waiting for this since -" "you where little, yes I know that was one of the only things you talked about when you weren't with the Weasley twins." "Y'a, anyway I'm off to class see you in transfiguration." I said leaning down a kissing her on the cheek. She walked of stopping to mess up Snape's hair making him frown and say something user his breath as the students laughed. "Love you to Snapey." She said as she walked off.
She continued down the isle stopping to ask if Harry and Ron where coming, they decided to stay a little longer so Rebecca headed to class with Hermione talking about the things they thought they would learn.

The classes were interesting they had to study the nights sky every Wednesday, head to the greenhouse three times a week for Herbology where they learned how to take care of all the plants and fungi with Professor Sprout. Out of every class history of magic was the most boring. Rebecca had talked to professor Bins a couple of times and he was quite dull but she never imagined that class would be this bad. Charms was one of her favorite classes Professor Flitwick was always nice to her. But her favorite class of all had to be transfiguration. And not because it was her moms class, she actually like the class. At the beginning of the class Mcgonagall gave us a Lecture. "Transfiguration is some of the most complex and dangerous magic you will learn at Hogwarts. Anyone messing around in my class with leave and not come back. You have been warned." Then she changed her desk into a pig and back. Which impressed everyone but Rebecca, she had seen her done for complex this. After taking a bunch of notes they were each given a match and began trying to turn it into a needle. By the end of the class only Rebecca and Hermione were the ones to make a difference to their match. McGonagall showing the class how they  had gone all silver and pointy and gave Hermione a rare smile then turning to Rebecca giving her a big smile as she winked.
They gathered their things and headed to Defense Against The Dark Art's. The class disappointed Rebecca she knew it was going to be bad but she still had hope that the book would be wrong.