ERISED/DESIER

Narrator POV.

Rebecca looked out the window in the girls dorm, having just woken up. She smiled, the grounds were covered in gorgeous white snow and the lake was frozen a clear singh that Christmas was approching. She looked out her window to see the twins bewitching snowballs, and laughed. The snowballs in question were bouncing off the back of Quirrell's turban. Rebecca quickly got dressed and ready for her day.

The day began with a peaceful start, but then the time for potions class. "I do feel so sorry," Malfoy was saying, "for those who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because they're not wanted at home." He said while looking at Harry. Grabbe and Goyle laughed while Harry just ignored them. Malfoy who was still bitter about the Quidditch match, was being even more unpleasant, making joke that poke fun at Harry to get people to laugh. The thing was no one found them funny for they were all impressed with the fact that Harry was able to stay on his bucking broomstick. So Malfoy, who was now angry and jealous went back to teasimg Harry about his family.

Malfoy was not wrong, Harry was indead staying for Christmas along with the Weasleys, which Rebecca was happy about. For once she would have friends at Hogwarts for Christmas. Don't get me wrong, she LOVED Christmas with her mother and Dumbledore and she did go over to the Weasleys from time to time, but it would be fun to spend Christmas at Hogwarts with her friends.

When they finally left potions they found that there was a huge fir tree blocking the corridor ahead. It was Hargid who was behind the tree, they concluded. "Hi Hagrid, want help?" Ron asked, sticking his head through the branches. "Nah, I'm all right, thanks, Ron." "Would you mind moving out the way?" Came Malfoys voice from behind. "Are you trying to earn some extra money, Weasley? Hoping to be gamekeeper yourself when you leave Hogwarts, I suppose that hut of Hagrid's must seem like a palace compared to-" He was saying but interrupted by Rebecca (who had grabed Ron's arm to stop him from going after Malfoy. "Shut up Malfoy, your dark and gloomy home is not better then theirs. At your home the only people there are your parents, who don't have time for you and your only friends... the white peacocks. Yes that is soooo much better then the warm and homey atmosphere of the Weasleys home." She finished "why you" Malfoy began as he moved towards Rebecca, but then she let go of Ron, (who was angred my what Malfoy was saying before Rebecca interrupted him) and he dived at him, just as Snape came up the stairs.

"WEASLEY!" Ron let go of Malfoy's robes. "He was provoked, Professor Snape," Said Hagrid sticking his head out from behind the tree. "Malfoy was insultin' his family." "Be that as it may, fighting is against school rules, Hagrid," Snape said. "Five points from Gryffindor, Weasley, and be grateful it isn't more. Now move along, all of you."

Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle pushed through the tree scattering pine needles everywhere. "I'll get him," Ron said, grinding his teeth at Malfoys back, " one of these days I'll get him-" "I hate them both," siad Harry, "Malfoy and Snape." "Come on, cheer up, it's almost Christmas," Hagrid said. "Tell yeh what, come with me an' see the Great Hall, looks a treat." "Ok" Rebecca said and so the four of them (Hermione also being there) followed Hagird and his tree to the Great Hall.

They entered to see Professor McGonagall and Professor Flitwick were busy with the Christmas decorations. "Ah Hagrid, the last tree-- put it in the far corner, would you?" While Hagrid put the tree up Rebecca walked over to her mother giveing her a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek saying, "The Hall looks amazing, as always," before headding back to the others.

"How many day's you got left until yer Holidays?" Hagrid asked. "Just one," said Hermione. "And that reminds me -- Harry, Rebecca, Ron, we've got half and hour before lunch, we should be in the library." "Oh yeah, you're right," said Ron, tearing his eyes away from what Flitwick was doing. "The library?"Hagrid asked as he foolowed them out of the Hall. "Just before Holidays? Bit keen, aren't yeh?" "Oh, we're not working," Harry told him brightly. "Ever since you mentioned Nicolas Flamel we've been trying to find out who he is." "You what?" Hagrid looked shocked. "Listen here -- I've told yeh -- drop it. It's nothin' to you what that dog's guardin'." "we just want to know who he is, that's all," said Hermione. "Unles you'd like to tell us and save us the trouble, since Rebecca won't" Harry added. "We must've been through hundreds of books already and we can't find him anywhere -- just give us a hint -- I know I've read his name somewhere." "I'm sayin' nothin'," "We'll just have to find out ourselves, then," Ron said, and with that they left Hagrid looking disgruntled and headed off to the library.