Fluffy

Narrator POV.

The day started just like yesterday for Rebecca, she woke up got dressed and headed down the stairs to the common room. "Hay what's going on?" she asked as she approached Harry and Ron. "We have flying with the Slytherins starting Thursday." Said Harry "Bummer, but flying will be fun. I can't wait until I git to be on our team." she said as they began to walk out the common room. "I take it your a good flyer?" asked Harry "Good!? Charlie said she's one of the best flyers he's seen," Ron began.  "amazing at every position, that one is." "well I wouldn't say that but Flying's in my blood. " "Really?" said Harry and Ron at the same time. "Yes my mother was on the Gryffindor team until a Slytherin fouled her leaving her with a concussion, several broken ribs and a livelong desire to see Slytherin crushed on the Quidditch pitch." "Wow Really?" "Ya, anyways I bet everyone is going to be talking about flying lessons in the Hall."

And she was right. Flying was the only thing on the first years mind. There was Neville talking about how he'd never been on a broom then there was Ron and Dean agruing over soccer and of corse Hermione Telling everybody what she read about flying, which was interupted by the arrival og the mail. 

Rebecca had gotten up to say good morning to her mother and godfather and when she came back Neville had gotten a small package. He opened it as she sat down. inside was a glass ball theknown as a remembrall. "It's a Remembrall!" he shouted excitedly. "Gran knows I forget things, this tells you if there's something you've forgotten to do. Look, you hold it tight like this and if it turns red -- oh..." His face fell as the remembrall glowed scarlet. "You've forgotten something..." He finnished. Neville was now trying to remember what he had forrgoten, when Malfoy desided to grace us with his presents and snatched the remembrall out of Neville's hand. Rebecca, Harry and Ron jumped to their feet. They were half hoping for a reason to fight Malfoy when McGonagall. who could spot trouble quicker than any teacher in the school (or world) was there in a flash. "What's going on?" "Malfoy's got my remembrall, Professor." Scowling, Malfoy quickly dropped the remembrall back on the table. "Just looking," he lied, and sloped away with Crabbe amd Goyle behind him. 

At three-thirty that afternoon, Rebecca, Harry and Ron along with Hermione and the rest of the first year Gryffindor's hurried down the front steps onto the grounds for their first flying lesson. The conversations from breakfast where continued here as they marched down the the sloping lawns towards a smooth, flat lawn. The Slytherins were already there along with twenty broomsticks lying in neat lines on the ground. Rebecca looked up as Madam Hooch arrived. She had always found her interesting, she could never put her in a catagorey, which was very easy to do with the other Professor's. "Well, what are you all waiting for?" she barked. "Everyone stand by a broom stick. Come on, hurry up." they all rushed to the side of a broom. Rebecca looked down at the school broom, it was baterd and old She perfered the shiny handle and perfect twigs of her new broom. Ever since she read the first book she had been saving up for a Nimus 2000, and she had finaly got one. It was her pride and joy beside all the other stuff that resided in her room, but what's in there is a topic for another time. 

"Stick out your right hand over your broom," called Madam Hooch at the front, "and say up!""Up!" everyone shouted. Rebecca's broom shot into her hand with ease. She looked around. Harry's was in his hand but Hermione's had not, nor had Neville's. Madam Hooch then showed them how to mount their brooms without sliding off the end, and walked up and down the rows correcting their grips. "Now, When I blow my whistle, you kick off from the ground, hard," Said Madam Hooch. "Keep your brooms steady, rise a few feet and then come straight back down by leaning forward slightly. On my whistle -- three -- two --" Before she could blow her wistle Neville, nervous and Jumpy and frightened of being left on the ground, pushed off hard. "Come back boy!" She shouted, but Neville was rising straight up like a cork shot out of a bottle -- twelve feet -- twenty feet. Rebecca looked up in horror as Neville fell with a  thud and hit the ground.