chapter 5- down

JUNIPER

"my boys found a new bar to go to. if you behave tonight, you might be a little reward, and if you don't..", dario caressed her cheek, the chilly metal scraping down her face. the jagged edges leaving small scratches every so often.

she nodded, mournfully looking at the set of rings on his fingers. the same jewelry he puts on when he thinks she's about to act out, dario would beat her over and over. blood splattering onto the diamonds, staining his fingernails red.

juniper forced a ball of spit down her throat nervously. she just wanted to stay home and relax, she had just come back from a very long schedule of a photo shoot from a small company. it seemed like a the smaller the business is, the longer the pictures take.

this time though, she was allowed to bring somebody with her. he never allowed that, wanting juniper all to himself.

it had to be someone he knew and someone that wasn't of the male gender. he never knew she was lesbian, and it was going to stay that way. after dating him for those several months years ago she immediately decided men were not everything straight girls made them out to be.

even if dario gave her the option to bring somebody, she would face the consequences later that night anyway.

"when are we leaving tonight?", she glanced over to the clock, 6:57 pm.

"right now. go get changed, you look disgusting.", he had the same judgmental look from when she was wearing shorts and a shirt. this time she had on a pair of jeans and a hoodie.

a very specific green and black hoodie, the smell of vanilla and cologne no longer lingered. her heart yearned for the warm touch and the coolness that followed after by the rings that never pierced her skin.

the firm body that never failed to comfort her, the one that wasn't built all muscle and monstrous intentions.

"i think i look fine.. i really like this hoodie, rio..", she mumbled, fiddling with the hem of the clothing. he froze in his spot from rubbing lotion into his hands.

he took a slow strides towards her, like an animal stalking its prey. he pouted mockingly and grabbed a fist full of the collar. he dragged her closer, almost to where he was choking her and her toes barely reached the ground.

"who's fucking hoodie is this.", he spat venomously, clutching and twisting to where it cut off her air flow. she couldn't answer if she couldn't breathe, fucking dumb ass.

"it's mine, rio. let go of me.", she choked out and weakly pounded her fists against his bulging arm, blackness sleeping into the corners of her vision.

"it's dario to you, slut.", he threw her carelessly onto the carpet, walking back to the mirror and finishing up his process of getting ready. he eyed the article of clothing skeptically before applying cologne.

she coughed and retched dryly, gasping as her hands clawed at her throat. desperately trying to resume regular air flow. he paid no mind to her as he gave a side glance, strutting out the door.

the smell of his cheap cologne disgusted her, his mindset was the more he sprayed, the more attractive he was.

tears welled in her eyes as the feeling of wanting to being desired and held comfortingly rose in her chest, blossoming into a withering flower. all her petals were falling off and soon enough she believed she would feel like she was no longer beautiful.

___

juniper stared at the dirt tracks around the house as she walked to the front door, all the dark footsteps she would have to clean later on. the messes he made she was forced to clean.