chapter 23- you

BILLIE

"todays the day bil, it's your first show.", juniper rubbed her shoulders, she was tensed up and staring out the window of the tour bus. it was the day she's both feared and waited for.

"i'm feeling good, nervous as hell. how the fuck am i supposed to jump around with this?", she held up her new prosthetic. she had actually put her time into staying at the doctors to get it fit for extensive mobility.

she had multiples for different occasions. some were flashier than others, companies putting in work to create a leg just for her and others so she could move around easier.

"the doctor specifically told you not to kangaroo jump but you can do a little bit of running around and some of that eccentric shit you like to do.", juniper rubbed her arms, sitting down next to her.

juniper was around 7 months pregnant and she looked ready to pop. billie anxiety welled up inside of her and she couldn't begin to imagine how juniper felt. she was going to be pushing out a watermelon in no time, not to mention on a tour.

billie was concerned about her having the least bit of mobility anywhere. then she got worried about the bumps in the road and all the things that could go wrong, etc. safe to say, she was shitting her pants each time juniper said she was in pain.

she was cautious, more than ever before. overprotectiveness has clogged her. alejandro had wanted to be with her, saying he wanted to be with his sister at the big moment.

it was a whole spiel and it took weeks for both of the two dominant beings to get over one another's assertiveness. they were both cocky and confident in their own power, too prideful to give up the rights to being with juniper.

she nearly got into multitudes of fights with cameramen or persistent paparazzis, not afraid to knock somebody back into their place. she was harder to deal with than the pregnant woman was alone, sometimes juniper wonders if billie was secretly pregnant.

"wait so i can jump around with it?", billie looked up, fiddling with the bolts in her prosthetic. they had manufactured it so it wouldn't immediately fall to pieces or snap off upon impact.

it wasn't only a limb that was needed in everyday life, she also could threaten people with it.

"just not like a kangaroo, baby. it isn't a trampoline park. plus you have one less ankle to worry about breaking!", juniper smiled and rubbed her stomach, she was chewing on some vegan snacks, finding them oddly delicious.

her cravings had billie bewildered for the first few weeks until it became a norm for her to be running out in the middle of the night for pickles and mustard as a dipping.

her diet had converted to mainly sticking to vegan food since she had found them to be like heaven for her. occasionally she'd snack on junk food, saying she could never devote herself to the vegan lifestyle. billie respected that, she would never impose or force her dietary system onto someone.

"very funny. what about you? are you gonna be okay in the sun? do you want to watch from somewhere else? what about food, snacks? are you and the baby okay? how about we just cancel the entire show and i can stay here.", juniper laughed and pushed off her arms that were gripping onto her sides.

she had to fight off the insistent, bombarding questions that billie held inside of her. instead of asking them one by one she chose to overwhelm
her.

this was the usual routine whenever billie had to leave juniper for even a split second. she would follow her around like a puppy and never let her out of her sight. she never strayed too far when they went out and even in interviews.