chapter 21- unscathed

FINNEAS

"lay it on me.", whatever billie had thought of in her time away had to be good.

he nearly burst into tears when he saw his sister standing in the doorway of their studio with her friends.

the feeling of inspiration blossomed in his chest, the undeniable fearlessness that encouraged him to continue his line of career. they fed off of each other, their dynamic duo reputation gaining popularity.

that unbreakable sibling bond he wouldn't trade for anything else. the moment his eyes locked with hers he just wanted to hold her in his arms and never let go.

she's been through too much at such a young age and his fierce protectiveness and warmth wanted to overwhelm her. for the longest time he felt like a failure of an older brother, sworn to protect his little sister.

no matter how many times she told him he shouldn't feel any remorse or guilt, he sat alone at night next to claudia in bed, wishing he was there to stop her.

the ringing of his phone halted her sentence, making her pause as she stared at his phone. her eyes lit up when she saw it was claudia.

she jumped over onto the device and pressed answer to the facetime call. her face forming a double chin, goofily looking down into the lens.

"billie!", the girl squealed, absolute happiness in his girlfriend's voice.

"hi, claud. how are you, pretty?", billie cooed, picking up the phone and flopping back onto the couch. completely ignoring finneas' awaiting hand.

"i'm doing so good. i just finished with a vlog and i wanted to call finn to see how he was doing.", finneas blushed and sat back, turning in his chair to look back at the piano keyboard. he distracted himself as he felt unadulterated adoration bloom in his chest for his girlfriend.

"ya hear that, finny? she cares about you.", billie yelled loudly, only to be shushed by juniper.

"hi babe. where are you? billie's face is just taking up the whole screen.", she chuckled and he fell in love with the sound alone.

"my face is beautiful. i don't know why somebody wouldn't want me to fill their phone with it.", finneas stood up, shaking his head at her words and collapsed next to her on the pillows.

"hey, babe. i'm here, i'm just playing around with a few notes.", claudia blew a kiss as soon as she saw him come into the frame, he pretended to catch it with his hand and put it to his chest.

"you guys have new music already? i didn't even know billie was getting back into it. i saw your live, i just didn't know you guys had it all done!", she set her phone down and clapped excitedly, roaming around the kitchen as it looked like she was making lunch.

"no, well i mean yeah we do. it's all in a little notebook, finneas kept.", he nodded at his sister's words, watching as she opened her fridge.

"we have the album all set up, billie has a name she was gonna tell me before you called. what was it again?", billie looked up from playing around with the buttons on his phone.

"wait! don't tell me. i want to find out when you guys release it. it's more fun that way, i can be kept on my toes.", she gasped giddily, already hyped up for the upcoming news.

"it's coming out somewhere around towards the end of this year or something. we don't have it all done but we've got like a shit ton of ideas.", billie spoke, inviting juniper into his arms.

finneas was glad she had the small girl back in her life, she had enough joy to last her a lifetime when she was around the model.

a smile always on her lips and eyes shining like juniper put the stars in her sky.