chapter 11- dark

JUNIPER

staring at the blue hair that was slowly becoming familiar to her, she couldn't help but feel like the most confused person in the world.

all those years she would see 'billie' each time she went to the funeral thinking she was dead, it felt so real. like it was just a fixture of light and her imagination working together. was it just her brain trying to fix itself or trying to make it seem like billie was still with her?

they were in a large suv that stokeley bought recently, he decided it was the perfect occasion. it was a long struggle since they had to pile in billie's car and drive all the way to stokeley's house.

of course juniper has some bottled up rage for everybody she's known, but she would keep that shit to herself until somebody pissed her off.

"you got your shit?", stokeley shoved some sour patch kids in his mouth looking over at his friends who were polishing their guns in case they needed it.

"he's stupid, he only knows how to fight with his fists. or i hope. the last time i heard a click when i was with him but i just hoped that was his common sense turning off in his brain.", billie chuckled, squeezing her shoulder with the arm that was wrapped around her body.

"you'll be alright, mama. we've got your small ass.", juniper pouted and crossed her arms, she hasn't grown. at all. still the small girl from high school.

"i've got a fat ass, thanks.", billie mumbled but she couldn't exactly hear it, sounded like something along the lines of 'oh dont i know it'.

billie knew better than to say those types of things around her, knowing juniper would personally pinch the shit out of her.

a ringed hand settled on her thigh, grasping it possessively. occasionally during the ride it would travel from her knee and up her leg but stop right in the middle.

no longer did billie smell like another woman's perfume, red marks didn't litter her porcelain and art crammed skin.

her jawline was sharper than the knives in her kitchen, clenched and flexing. it made her feel things she wouldn't speak on. the veins bulging just beneath her skin had her breathing in sharply and crossing her legs.

it was unspoken of with herself but there was always that feeling inside of her she should be saving herself for something or somebody special.

billie was chiseled to perfect, a pale goddess. she was undoubtedly still one of the most attractive people juniper has ever seen. not knowing what to do with herself she whimpered slightly when the former singer traced her finger on the inside of her thigh, grasping in certain spots.

"what's wrong, princess?", her eyes snapped up from their spot on the slight print in billie's shorts, her concerned blue eyes made her melt and butterflies erupt in her stomach.

"n-nothing.. just nervous on how dario is gonna react..", she wasn't afraid, not with her friends and billie around. he barely knew how to handle himself, it shouldn't be much of a problem for all 4 of them.

"you don't have to worry about him with us here.", her silent implication of 'as long as i'm here no one can hurt you'.

she smiled up at billie, kissing her cheek. they would definitely need to sit down later and have a serious alone. for now they had other things to take care of.

___

walking into the small convention, there were people running around, trying to place the finishing touches to complete their set up. juniper felt bad they had come all this way from their home and spent all their time making such a beautiful masterpiece just for her to cancel.