chapter 19- petrified

BILLIE

"bitch do you even know how to drive? you g
havin' a hard time reversing out this damn spot.", stokeley was staring out the window and looking at the ground, his face pressed against it.

"yes i can drive, now get your greasy face off my window.", billie looked in the rear view and saw brandon smacking jahseh's shoulder then pointing at the glass with a snicker.

"swear ima beat your ass if you do that, child.", she growled out, she hasn't touched any of her cars in a while and it was spotless.

billie was a little nervous for her to be on the road, she wonders if she still knows how to drive. her leg was having a little trouble getting comfortable with the pedal.

"ight. who knows how to get to the studio?", she put an arm on the back of juniper's seat, looking back at the boys who suddenly jumped back into their seats.

brandon handed his phone with the gps pulled up, she smiled at the familiar address. finneas remained at their location.

"he's still there?", brandon nodded, answering for the other two who were distracted.

"damn.", she whispered, changing shifts and pulling out of the garage.

___

knocking on the studio door, she was fumbling with her keys until somebody else answered it.

it was a weekday surely somebody was in there. she sighed when she dropped them, bending over to pick it up.

as she put her finger through the key ring a hand landed on her ass, sending her into the door in shock.

"what the fuck?", all of them were either chuckling or giggling, she held her ass as if she was offended and violated.

glaring at each of them she turned back around cautiously, only to find it open and a smiling finneas standing at the threshold.

her mouth formed an 'o' shape in surprise, then launched herself into his body. wrapping her arms around him and squeezing tightly.

"finneas!", she said in a goofy voice, a fat smile planted on her face as she dug her face into his shoulder lovingly.

she hasn't called him once in a couple months. they had no reason to send each other a message, either forgetting or not able to press the button.

"oh my god, bil..", he picked her up and brought her inside and gestured for the others to follow in behind them.

he swung them side to side and tightened his grasp around her back, laughing giddily. after they spent a few moments hugging finneas put her down and smiled down at her, putting a hand on her shoulder.

no matter how tough and cold she might portray herself sometimes, she couldn't help but melt around her brother.

"how are you? i'm surprised you actually stayed here.", he nodded, looking at all the equipment and waving towards them with his hand.

"yeah i didn't want to go anywhere, i just couldn't leave you know?", she nodded, standing up to fiddle with the instruments. she grabbed juniper's hand before walking over, wanting the girl to be with her.

"look at all this shit baby. it's all the same.", billie whispered, feeling the keys and all the notches on the sound panel.