Chapter 4: Part Time Job

Jiwon's point of view

"That'll be 70 cents." I said after ringing up the customer's purchase

"You need a bag?" Daniel asked.

"Nope."

"Goodbye."

We got a night job at a convenience store.

After class yesterday we looked for a job together, the search was not easy especially since I'm not from here and the information I provided about myself was fake. Till we went inside a convenience store to ask about jobs available. The owner immediately hired us because he believed that the number of customers will increase if the employee were attractive.

Whew, Daniel Park face card never declined.

Good-looking people are really privileged. He didn't even look at the requirements I passed. ಠ⁠_⁠ಠ

The store owner had been absolutely delighted with me and Big Danny that day, but his mood changed after we went at night.

The old man seems to be disappointed when he see the real Daniel, the small one.

"Sorry but this won't work," the owner said, he didn't expect this coming. Big Daniel (the second body) said that his friend will work and not him, the owner definitely thought Daniel's friend was also handsome.

"I'll regret not hiring you," he said while looking at me but immediately looked away, "but I don't hire highschoolers."

"But you hired us earlier." I crossed my arms.

"Yes, you. But him? No."

Aish! (⁠ノ⁠ಠ⁠益⁠ಠ⁠)⁠ノ

"Dani can do a lot of things. You can't simply kick us out of a sudden." I insisted.

"Come to think of it, students don't have a clue about the names of cigarette brands, so many brand names to memories."

"Philip Morris…" Daniel suddenly spoke, so we looked at him. He mentioned all of the cigarette brands at the counter.

Because of what he did, we were finally hired.

We need money so I went with Daniel to do a part time job. I don't want to be a burden, I also have to pay for myself.

I'm so happy to finally experience being free to do what I want and it happened now in the world of LOOKISM.

"Welcome." Daniel and I greeted the other customers who entered the convenience store. One of the three men ask for a packs of marlboro lights.

"We can't sell them smokes." Daniel whispered to me. I just nodded. Daniel ask for his I.D. He can't fool us because he is our classmate, they are my classmate. We are in the same department, I can't be wrong.

Daniel argue with the guy, he insists that he is the one who's in the I.D. even though the person in the picture has a different face.

"Stop it, you're making a fool of yourself." I said emphatically.

"Hey!" We looked at the door of the convenience store where Zacky boy entered. "Let's just go somewhere else, stop messing around," he said, but he also changed his mind immediately when he saw Daniel.

Zack?

REAL…Daniel?

This is not good.

(⁠・⁠_⁠・⁠;⁠)

"Who do we have here? Hey, we're good here. Get a bunch of booze too, hehe." They followed Zack Lee's order, they took bottles of alcohol and placed them on the counter.

"Hey let's forgive and forget." Zack said to Daniel before he turned to me, "Ring this up. You're the transfer student, right?"

I didn't say a word.

He didn't speak again after telling me those words but it looks like he wants to say something else, I can see in his eyes that he's afraid that Mira might find out but because he hasn't had any character development at this time, he can't do anything about it.

Besides, his friends are talkative, it's impossible for them not to talk about it even when Mira is there.

"Did I say I'm not paying? You don't want to be reconciled?" Zack turned his attention to Daniel.

"No, it's not that." Daniel replied.

"Why's he in such a bad mood today?" A friend of Zack's asked.

"Don't you get it? Mira has eyes for the new student hehe." It was as if that word had pierced Zack's ear.

It seems that apart from what he doesn't want Mira to know about tonight, there is something else he wants to convey...about Big Daniel, who they are aware is my brother.

Was he intend to tell me that if I tell Mira, Daniel will get hurt?

"Sorry, since we could get fired. We can't sell alcohol and smokes to minors." Daniel just scratched his head.

"Hey, truce is off."

No…

Zack has lost his control! He gave small Daniel a blow in the face. I couldn't even help him, all I could do was look away and cover my ears. I could barely see Zack's fist approaching, I just saw Daniel had a bruise on his face.

I can't handle this! It's not like this in the manhwa, I don't want to see and hear it in person!

"Hey, stop!" I yelled at Zack, I didn't realize that tears were running down my cheeks.

But that didn't stop them.

"Sorry, sorry. We're going." They went out of the convenience store with Daniel. I looked for a cell phone to call the police but I didn't find anything.

I realized that why should I interfere, if it is already destined to happen? I couldn't do anything but follow them outside while wiping away my tears.

I didn't expect it to hurt this much, but I know that Daniel felt twice as much pain.

They took out a cellphone and took a picture of him…naked.

"I hope you can understand. This is for insurance. If you report us, we will spread this photo. Got it-"

They were shocked when the cellphone had flown far away, I kicked it out of anger.

"Hey!"

I approached Doo Lee, the one who took the photo. Even though I knew he and Daniel would make up after a few days because of his second body, I still slapped him in the face.

"G-Get lost." I said, weakly. My hand is already shaking and I don't know what to do anymore if they don't stop bothering us.

Thank God because they left. I didn't expect my reaction to what happened to be like that, it wasn't this angry or painful when I was reading it but when I saw it right in front of me it was like my heart was breaking every minute.

"Let's go home." I can't face Daniel, I didn't even know if he already wore his shorts.

"How about the store?" I heard the embarrassment in his voice.

"Go home, I'll take care of it." I knew he was going to refuse but I won't let that happen. "Can you do it for me? Go home and rest. I-I can't face you now."

He followed what I said and left me in the store. I close my eyes firmly and just leaned over the counter.