Chapter 8

Yesterday was such a fun day with Hero's family. I absolutely love them, and I am so happy to have them in my life.

Today we're having lunch with Hero's friends. Hero didn't tell them about our baby yet so I guess they will find out today.

"Do you think we could go shopping for new clothes tomorrow? I can't wear dresses for the rest of my pregnancy" I ask Hero as I add the last final changes to my makeup.

"I always love a good dress on you" Hero says wrapping his arms around my waist.

"You're so sweet" I say, and he kisses my head.

"Ready to go sweetheart. The reservation is set for one. We have 30 minutes" he says, and I nod.

"Coming" I say.

Hero grabs the Range Rover's keys, and we head out of the apartment.

I sit on the passenger seat while Hero is on the driver's seat.

He enters the address of the restaurant in the navigation system, and we leave.

The trip was enjoyable, I connected my phone to the car to listen to my music. It doesn't bother Hero because he is concentrated on the road, and I put a massage on the back of my seat to relax during the trip.

"How amazing this car is" I say.

"I'm so happy you like it" he says, and he focuses back on the road.

We finally arrived at the restaurant; Hero parks the car in front of the restaurant, and we get out of the car.

We enter the restaurant, and a receptionist comes towards us.

"Welcome to Westward Restaurant, how can I help you?" she asks.

"Hi, we have a reservation at 1pm for 6 people" Hero says.

"Let me check, you must be Mister and Misses Langford" she says.

"Yes, we are" we say at the same time.

"Follow me, I will bring you to your table" she says.

The receptionist brings us to our table.

"Have a nice meal," she says.

"Thank you" I say.

A few moments later, Hero's friends arrive at the restaurant.

"So glad to have you home" One of Hero's friends says.

We get up from our seats at the restaurant and stand to greet them.

"Josephine...it's a pleasure to meet you..." his friend Felix says to me, but he quickly notices my bump.

"Yes, I heard plenty of things about you" I say kindly.

"Man, I just have to ask, is this girl knocked up?" One of his other friends asked.

"She is, she's pregnant. We're having a baby" Hero tells them.

They look at each other and laugh.

"And you're keeping it" someone says.

I'm not sure who is who.

"We are" I say.

"Hero as a dad, I never thought that I would see that" his friend makes a joke, and they laugh.

"We're happy for you. Congrats man" Felix says and I give him a smile.

"So, Josephine, how do like England?" a friend asks.

It's beautiful, it's a bit different from Australia but I like it" I say.

"So does that mean you'll come live here with Hero when the baby is born. How are you planning to do that?" the same friend asks.