Chapter 23

My alarm went off and Hero and I woke up.

We get out of bed and go to change ourselves.

I put on my black shirt and blue jeans, and I put on my comfortable toms.

Hero puts on a black shirt and blue jeans, and he puts on his running shoes.

"What monuments or museums do you want to visit first?" Hero asks.

"I want to visit the Eiffel Tower, the Orsay Museum, the Arc of Triumph, The Louvre Museum and the Opera Garnier" I say.

"Which floor of the Eiffel Tower do you want to go to?" Hero asks.

"At the top" I say.

"Aren't you afraid of heights?" he asks.

"No, I'm not" I say, and we leave our hotel room.

We headed towards the elevator to go to the lobby.

"Are you scared of heights Hero?" I ask.

"A little, I never visited high monuments" he says.

"Well, this one will combat your fears" I say, and he gives me a smile.

The elevator doors open in the lobby, and we head to the restaurant.

"Good morning, what is your room number please?" the receptionist asks.

"Good morning, our room number is 2007" I say.

"Welcome Mr. and Mrs. Langford, please have a seat and we chose our table"

"What do you want?" Hero asks.

"I want to be like always" I say, and he heads to the buffet.

After a few minutes, Hero comes back with my plate and his and we start to have breakfast.

"Thank you" I say.

We finish our breakfast and go to the reception of the hotel.

"Excuse me, is there any monument near the hotel?" I ask.

"Yes, there is the Louvre Museum nearby, it's a 5-minute walk. If you want to see other monuments around, you can walk or take a cab" the receptionist says, and I thank her.

"So, we go to The Louvre Museum" Hero says and I nod.

We headed out of the hotel, and we walked towards the Louvre.

After a few minutes walking I can see the famous pyramid glass.

"Wow!" I scream.

Hero and I take a picture in front of the famous pyramid of glass, and we enter to buy our tickets.

"Welcome to Louvre Museum, how can I help you" the woman at the counter asks.

"Hi, we would like to buy 2 adult's tickets" I say.

"2 adult's tickets, which will be 20 euros" the woman says, and Hero pays with his debit card.

"Here are your tickets, enjoy your visit" she says, and I thank her.

I grab a plan of the museum and I look at it.

"There are so many galleries to visit, we won't have enough time to explore them all" I say.

"Which galleries do you want to visit?" Hero asks.

"I want to see the Mona Lisa, La Liberté Guidant le Peuple and Le Radeau de la Méduse" I say.

"Let's go then" Hero says and we enter the museum.

After visiting some galleries and taking lots of pictures of the famous paintings, we arrive to the gallery where the Mona Lisa is.