Chapter 16

"Hero wake up, we're late!" I say jumping out of bed and running towards the bathroom.

"What?" he asked, confused.

"We have an interview in 30 minutes" I say brushing my teeth.

He jumps out of bed and quickly throws his clothes back on.

"I need to change" he says rubbing his eyes awake.

"Nice collarbone" he says looking at me and chuckling.

I look in the mirror and I realize that I have love bites from all over.

"Hero" I groan.

"You weren't complaining last night," he says, kissing my head and I sigh.

"Stop kissing me, we agreed this was a onetime thing" I say.

"Whatever you say Josephine" he says, and I roll my eyes and get myself ready.

I cover my hickeys with makeup but they're not noticeable with the shirt I'm wearing.

I buckled the belt to my pants and put some heels on, brushed my hair out and I ran out the door to meet Dakota in the hotel lobby.

Hero walks out his door at the same time and I can't stop laughing at our irresponsibleness.

"I can't believe you didn't put an alarm on to wake up" I say as we enter the elevator.

"We were pretty busy last night. We did round after round after round" he says, and I shush him up with my finger.

"That's not happening again understood" I say, and he chuckles.

"What's so funny?" I ask.

"You're cute when you're worked up" he says, and I groan as the elevator doors open to the lobby.

"You two are late, where have you been?" Dakota asks and she gives me a disapproving look.

"Josephine, you have two different heels on, what's going on?" Dakota asks and I look down at my feet. I indeed have two different heels on.

"Forget about the heels, just go barefoot. We're already behind" Dakota says and she drags us to the car.

I look at Hero and I just take the time to laugh.

A few hours later

"Stop looking at me during interviews" I say as the car drives us back to the hotel. We completed our long day of interviews. It feels good to be done.

"Why can't I look at you?" he questions, and I give him an annoyed look.

"Just stop" I say putting a hand on my stomach. I'm hungry, I haven't been able to eat anything all day.

"Hungry, aren't you? I'm feeling the same way" he says.

He grabs my hand and as the car comes to a stop, he opens the door and pulls us out. I quickly pull off my seat belt and giggle at what Hero is doing.

"What are you doing? We just left the poor driver" I say and Hero shrugs.

"Gave him an early drive home" Hero says and I giggle.

"What are we doing?" I enquire crossing my arms over my chest.

"Let's eat" he says as we walk the streets.

"There has to be a restaurant somewhere around here" he adds, and I smile at him at how adventurous he is.

We end up at a Mexican restaurant, we split some tacos and stuff our face with chips and salsa.

The hotel is a block away from the restaurant, so we just walked back.

When we're on our floor, I stop in front of my door and give Hero a smile as he waits by his door.

"I love you; you know that right" he says.

"I know" I say, and I walk into my hotel room before I attack him with thousands of kisses.

Last night between us was a one-time thing. It wasn't supposed to happen, but it did. Am I upset it happened, no. Hero and I just can't be in a relationship, it had its chance, and we simply didn't work out.