Chapter 38

"Give me the tablet Mrs Langford" Mr Sawyer says.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, what going on ?" I ask.

"What's going on ?" he says.

"You get a whole new life, what do I get ? Hmm ? Medical discharge ? Working for thugs ? You don't know these people Mrs Langford. I don't have a choice because you messed up" Mr Sawyer says pointing the gun at me.

"I know you are hurting yourself but you don't to do this" I say.

"I don't have a choice" Mr Sawyer says and I throw the lamp next to me to the floor in order to lower his gun.

He tries to point the gun to me again, I manage to stop his hand with his gun but he shoots close to my leg.

I move his arm and he drops his gun.

Mr Sawyer punches me in the head and he kicks me 2 times in my belly which hurts a lot and then he kicks me in my leg so hard that I scream.

He grabs me by my back of my polo and pushes me right into the bookshelf next to me and everything on the shelves fall on me.

He throws me on the ground, he starts to hit again my leg with his foot and tries to punch me but I push him back with leg and he falls on the table behind him.

Mr Sawyer pushes me by grabbing my waist, we roll over the kitchen counter and I fall on the floor while him falls on the dishwasher.

He grabs a knife but I push him, I grab the stove grills next to me and I hit him 2 times with it in order to defend myself.

I manage to get up and I use the stove grills to protect myself.

Mr Sawyer gets up and pointes the knife at me.

"Mr Sawyer. Stop ! Stop !" I say as I start to move backwards.

He runs straight to me with knife in his hands but I use the stove grills to protect myself from the knife.

He pushes so hard on the knife to make it come close to my  neck but I manage to stove grills with knife directly to Mr Sawyer.

He tries to push the stove grills far from him because the knife is close to his neck.

I hit him with my head and I push him on the floor.

Mr Sawyer tries to get up but I run towards him and we both fall on the coffee table in the living room. I try to punch his face but I fail.

He gets up and pushes my head on the tv next to me.

Mr Sawyer reaches his gun on the floor and loads it again.

I get up and try to hold his hand with the gun.

"Stop" I say and there is a gunshot that comes.

I get off of Mr Sawyer and I see that he has shot himself in the heart.

"Come here, let's get you up. Come on, let's go. Sit up, there we go." I say lifting up Mr Sawyer and leaning him on the wall.

"Okay, here stay with me. Hold this here, hold it tight" I say as I use my jacket to stop the bleeding.

 "I need you to tell me what happened, okay ?" I ask.

"All right ? I can help you if you tell me what happened" I say.

"He wasn't supposed to stay there, Mrs Langford" Mr Sawyer says.

"He wasn't supposed to be there" Mr Sawyer says.

"Who wasn't supposed to be there ?" I ask.

"Nicolas" he says.

"What did you do ?" I ask.

"What did you ?" I ask again.

"I set you up. They need the tablet. Run. They're coming Mrs Langford. They're gonna kill you." Mr Sawyer says.

"Who's coming ? Who ?" I ask.

"Run" Mr Sawyer says.

"Mr Sawyer ?" I ask but he dies.

I hear sirens nearby so I decide to get up. I pick up the tablet from the floor and I put it in my back pocket of my jeans.

I look by the window and I see that a floor from The Pearl is on fire.

I open the door from the apartment and I start to walk down the stairs.

As I walk down the stairs, I see two armed men.

"Shit" I say and they start shooting at me.

I close the apartment door and I put a bookshelf in front of it in order to block it.

I get out by the window and I start climbing down a ladder.

I let go of the ladder and I fall really hard on the ground. I scream of pain.

I try to get up but a woman comes close to me.

"Hello Mrs Langford" she says and she tases me with a taser.

I feel a strong electrical discharge on my body and I fall on the ground.

One of the men take the tablet from my back pocket and two others lift me up by my arms.

One of the man lifts my head up, the woman opens the tablet and places it in front of my face to unlock it.

The tablet unlocks and the woman is happy.

"Thank you" she says and points a gun straight on my face. 

At that moment, a police patrol arrives, the woman shoots at a police officer. The two men let me go and they escape.

The bad guys starts to shoot at the police and the police start to shot fire.

I grab one of the men and I use him as a shield. He receives several bullets.

I hide in the corner of the street while the shooting continues.

I try to see what is going on but so many people are shooting.

I try to catch up the bad guys who stole my tablet but they manage to escape by car.

On their way, the bad guys kill a police officer on his motorcycle and he falls to the ground.

I pick up the motorcycle and I get on it. I see police officers running towards me to stop me but I accelerate on the motorcycle and I leave.

I start to drive straight back to The Pearl as quickly as I can. I try to avoid all the traffic on my way back.