Don't Leave (C)

Cas has to leave due to a problem in heaven, but while he's away he doesn't want you to get hurt. So, he leaves you with the boys, where he knows you'll be safe. However, you are not so happy about this

Cas sees you as somewhat of a younger sister and is protective of you in a platonic kind of way. You don't know Sam and Dean all that well, apart from Cas telling you about them. So, you don't have a relationship with either of them yet
___________

I frown as I follow him to what I assume is the bunker. I haven't said a word to him since he told me he's leaving again. And he is leaving me with his friends to keep me safe. I know his angel work is important, but I hate it when he leaves. I never know when he will come back, or if. It hurts when he leaves, I need him. Cas leads me inside before calling two names "Sam, Dean?". I have heard a lot about these two, he talks about them a lot. I know how much they mean to him, so I trust them. I'd just prefer if Cas was here too. Soon, they both come out to greet us. The taller one speaks first "Hey, Cas. Oh hi, you must be y/n". I nod silently. Cas sighs "Yes, this is y/n. Y/n, this is Sam and Dean. They will protect you". I nod politely to the brothers, completely ignoring the angel talking to me. Dean raises an eyebrow "Not to be rude, but does she talk?". Cas rolls his eyes "Yes, she does talk. She just, uh… well, she's not the biggest fan of me at the moment". I glare at the side of his head, crossing my arms over my chest. Dean chuckles out loud and Sam tries a bit harder to hide his amusement. The angel glares at the boys, causing them to stop. "Anyway, come on in" Sam clears his throat. I take the cue to follow them into what I assume is the main room. 

I sit on a chair at one of the library tables before tuning out of their conversation. I'm going to miss him so much. Sometimes I wish he wasn't an angel. After a few minutes, I hear something about giving us a minute. When I look up, I see Cas kneeling in front of me. He sighs "Y/n, I know you're mad at me right now. I may not understand why, but you know I have to leave. It's my job to serve Heaven. I don't really have a choice. If I did, I would be staying with you. But I can't. Now, I care about you very much. And there are… other angels after me. They will do anything to get to me. That's why you are staying here. I can't bear the thought of you getting hurt because of me". I lift my head to look at him, giving him my best puppy eyes. I pout "Cassy, please don't leave me. I need you". My words came out as a whisper, but he heard me. He frowns "No, don't do that, y/n". My lip quivers as tears appear in my eyes "Cassy, don't leave me again". He sighs, then sits up on his knees to wipe a stray tear away with his thumb. He gently brushes his thumb over my cheek "I'm sorry, y/n. But I have to". "But I need you" I reply sadly. He nods "I know, I know you do. But please listen to me. I hate leaving as much as you do. If not, more. Y/n, I care about you more than anything or anyone. I have to leave to keep you safe, I can't let anything happen to you". "What if you don't come back?" I question, looking away from him. He gently lifts my chin up so I'm looking at him again "Y/n, under no circumstances will I ever let that happen. I will always return, no matter what. I will return to you, just as I always do". "Cassy, I don't want you to get hurt" I mumble. He sighs, giving me a small smile "I will return to you, unharmed. I promise". And with a gentle kiss to my knuckles, he disappears leaving me in shock. I gasp "Castiel, get your stupid, feathery behind back here right now!". Before long, I hear a familiar soft chuckle from behind me. I turn around. He smiles slightly "Yes, y/n?". Without saying anything, I run over to him and jump into his arms. I put my arms around his waist, pulling him into a tight hug. "Don't do that" I sigh in relief. I feel him slowly hug me back as I rest my head on his shoulder. "I hate it when you leave, the least you could do is hug me before you go" I mumble. I feel the soft smile on his lips as he kisses my head "You're right, I'm sorry". I sigh, closing my eyes "I wish you weren't an angel". He chuckles "Really? But that would mean I wouldn't be able to do this". I pull away from him with furrowed eyebrows before looking around "What?". A (your favourite candy/sweet) appears in his hand and I roll my eyes, but take it "Okay, fair point. But still". He smiles, shaking his head "I know what you mean. I don't want to leave you either". He gently rubs his thumb over my cheek "I will be back in a few days, y/n". I frown "Promise?". He nods "I promise". Then he poofs into thin air and I am left alone in the library.

Sometimes I wish he wasn't an angel
________

Kinda short, but I hope you liked it anyway

- W.S.