:::: Seventeen ::::

A/N 

Above is a picture of the new character Ronnie who was introduced in the preface :)

::::::::

November 16, 1963

Three years and eleven months. That's how long Nova had been trapped in the past. Throughout the years Nova and Ronnie had become master thieves. They had adopted Robin Hood complexes where they would steal from rich white men and give to the other poor people on the streets.

The two had also gotten jobs, Nova was a maid and did laundry for her clients while Ronnie was a gardener. The good thing about their jobs was that they learned when all the important dinner parties were and who was going. Most importantly they knew which houses were going to be empty and when to hit them.

"Gen, I'm not so sure about this. Isn't this the mayor's house?" Ronnie asked as the two teens hid in a bush staring at the manor.

"Don't sweat it, Ronnie. This place has been abandoned for months. We can steal some stuff to pawn off for food and maybe squat for a couple of days. This is perfect for us." Nova told the boy who looked unconvinced.

"This is a bad idea," Ronnie told the girl and her eyes narrowed when she thought she saw movement in the house. She rubbed her eyes quickly and the person was gone. Her mind was playing tricks on her. Nova thought she had seen Ben's ghost walking around.

"Man up and let's go," Nova said as she grabbed the boy's arm and hurried towards the side door.

"Look, the window has already been smashed in. This place has probably already been picked clean." Ronnie whispered as they examined the smashed glass of the back door. Nova's eyes narrowed when she saw a glimpse of a person from her past.

"It can't be," Nova whispered when she saw Ben's ghost for the third time. Ronnie gave her a confused look as the girl hurried into the house.

"Gen? Gen!" He exclaimed when the girl took zero caution and sprinted into the house. The boy had no idea what Nova was running towards but reluctantly he followed.

"Holy shit," Nova whispered as she stopped in front of a large oil painting of Klaus Hargreeves. Even though his hair was longer and he was wearing a white robe Nova knew it was him, especially with the Hello and Goodbye tattoos on his hands.

"Who is that guy?" Ronnie asked but Nova was speechless. Over the past three years, she had thought all the Hargreeves were dead. Before Nova could answer a sound of a splash could be heard from the backyard. "Crap someone is here. We should go."

"I need to see who it is," Nova said as she hurried towards the back door. Her heart was pounding all she could think about was seeing Klaus. Maybe he would know where the others were. Maybe she would get to see Five again after all these years.

"Gen! We're going to get in so much trouble!" Ronnie exclaimed as he reluctantly followed the girl. He was perplexed by her odd behavior since normally she was the one who was extra careful.

"Klaus! Allison!" Nova exclaimed when she saw the two adults hugging in the pool.

Her heart was hammering out of her chest and relieved tears were pooling in her eyes. At that moment she forgot that she had been stuck here for three years and she forgot about the kid following her. At that moment she was back in 2019 with her family.

"Holy shit, Nova?" Allison asked as she turned to see the girl running towards them. The two adults couldn't help but marvel at the young girl. She looked the same as how they left her in 2019 except her hair was curlier and she seemed to have filled out as a nineteen-year-old.