:::: Nineteen ::::

Five led the group back to a building that was behind the alley where Nova had landed all those years ago. The whole way back everyone is silent. Nova can tell that Five is seething with anger and annoyance. Meanwhile, Diego looks like he's trying to hide his betrayal and heartbreak.

Ronnie doesn't know what to say. Ever since he met Nova his life had been more interesting but these past two days have been the craziest in his life. Even weirder to him is how normal all of this seems to the girl.

"What the hell Luther?" Five asked annoyed when the four of them walked into the upstairs of a tv store. Nova rolled her eyes when she saw Luther unconscious after what looked like getting high on a dentist's laughing gas.

"Where did you find Monkey-Man?" Nova asked as she took a drag of the cigarette she lit during their walk home.

"Underground fight club." Five said and when he turned his eyes narrowed to the cigarette between her fingers. "Are you serious, Nova?"

"Hey!" She exclaimed when he plucked the thing from her fingers and crushed it under his heel on the floor. "What's got your panties in a twist?"

"You're unbelievable." He said before walking towards the back of the apartment and going through the door to the bathroom. Nova felt anger bubble up in her and she angrily stormed after him.

"Yeah, you don't want to get in the middle of that trust me," Diego says putting an arm out to stop Ronnie as he went to follow the girl.

"Five, you open this goddamn door right now!" Nova exclaimed as she slammed her fist against the wood. After a moment she heard the lock click open and she entered the room before slamming the door shut.

"What do you want, Nove?" Five asked quietly as he washed the blood off of his face. It was now that the girl realized they were in the bathroom.

"What's going on with you?" She asked as her concern for the boy shows. Gently she takes the wet towel out of his hand and begins to wash the blood off of his face. The blood from his bloody nose that she caused.

"The apocalypse followed us. We only have about a week until it happens." He says and the girl stills her motions.

She looked up at him with wide eyes and he glanced down at her face. His heart raced faster at how close she was. But it was followed by an aching pain he felt earlier when he saw her interacting with Ronnie.

"Shit, you're serious aren't you," Nova said quietly and the boy nodded.

"I saw it happen. I watched you all die before Hazel pulled me back in time." He said to the girl who in turn frowned deeply.

"Where's Hazel now?" She asked and he ran a hand through his hair.

"Dead, the Swedes killed him. But he gave me some film and it was a video of Dad on the grassy knoll the day Kennedy gets shot." Five told the girl as she gently pushed him to sit on the rim of the bathtub so she could finish patching him up.

"Are you saying Hargreeves causes the apocalypse?" She asked and Five shrugged.

"It's the only lead I have. That's why we were at the consulate tonight." Five explained and Nova nodded.

"Alright so now that the business talk is out of the way do you want to really tell me what's bothering you?" Nova asked quietly and Five looked down. She stepped closer between his legs and lifted his chin up so he would look at her. "Talk to me, don't shut me out."

"Who is that guy?" Five asked and Nova realized that his hostile attitude was because he was jealous.

"You're jealous, aren't you?" She asked and Five tried to pull away but Nova held him there.

Shadows & Mirrors  // f.hargreeves fanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara