Broken Hearts

August

It had been two weeks since that incident with La'Reesha. Whenever I went in the bank our paths never crossed. I missed her like crazy, but I knew that this was for the best. I had been busy getting things in line for my clothing line. I was still tryna to come up with a name that would stand out. Darron and I were working those specifics out. I was currently sitting in my living room by my window as I held a glass of Ciroc. All I could think about was the hurt in Reesha's beautiful eyes. I hadn't told my mother yet because I knew that she was gon' light into me.

She had been asking for me to bring her by, but that never happened because of the situation that we were going through. I ran my my hand down my face sighing heavily. I felt so lost and empty, but at this point I didn't know what to do. I knew now that after this time she wouldn't have anything to do with me because for the second time I broke her heart. I so badly wanted to pick of the phone and call her, but I didn't know what to say. Then she probably would just look at the phone and ignore me. I turned my drink back and got up looking out the window. I looked up at the night sky and thought about how if I wasn't so emotionally messed up, I would be holding her in my arms as I ran my fingers through her hair.

Its hard when you love somebody and they love you, but your hang-ups keep you from giving yourself as you should. Reesha gave herself so freely and I being the typical nigga rejected it like she wasn't shit, when in fact she was my everything. I couldn't tell her that because she would have tried to fight me on staying. I thought about her being with Braylon and I didn't like it, but at this point what choice did I have? She deserves the best and she deserves to be loved fully as well as whole-heartedly.

I do need to talk to her about that nigga Kevon because something ain't right with that nigga. Its like he has these low key evil intents. All I know he better not have any evil intents towards Reesha or else I will step back into murkin a nigga without a backwards glance. Regardless to what's going on with Reesha and I, I still felt the need to protect her and no matter what I will.

La'Reesha

I sat curled up on my sofa tryna not to shed anymore damn tears, but I couldn't help it. The love I have for August is so strong and if didn't die in the six years I didn't see him, then it won't die now. He was so damn selfish. I understood his plight, but what he fails to realize is that I'm not tryna leave him high and dry. I'm not going to do anything to hurt him intentionally. I have too much love for him. I just wish the pain would go away, but its cutting deeper than any blade could. I looked up and Braylon came out of my kitchen with two glasses of wine.

Braylon had been so supportive and understanding through this whole ordeal. If I wasn't so in love with August I would definitely be tryna to pursue something with him.

"Braylon thanks for being so understanding." I looked up at him and took the glass from him.

"Reesha I understand and I know how it is to be in love with someone and they don't love you the same as you love them. That's why I'm not tryna push up on you in any way. I respect you. Most of these niggas would be tryna take advantage of your vunerability, but not me. Me being a friend to you is more important than anything." He sipped from his wine and smiled at me.

I placed my wine glass down and scooted towards him. "Braylon will you hold me?"

He sat his glass down and pulled me closer to him as I laid my head on his chest. I let the tears fall and he smoothed my hair and rubbed my back. I couldn't believe I was back to square one all over again. I was so heart broken. I wrapped my arms tighter around his torso and he tighten his hold on me. Sad as it seems I wish that it were Yung holding me, but unfortnately it isn't.

********

I woke up in my bed and I was alone. Last I remember I was in Braylon's arms and I had to admit that it felt good to be held. I looked at the clock and it was a lil past midnight. I got up and went downstairs. When I got there I saw Braylon asleep on the sofa and good Lord he was sexy. He had remove his shirt and I could see the tats adorning his chest. His dreads were fanned out around him and I took a minute to admire him as he slept.

I walked over to him and toyed with his dreads. At that moment he opened his eyes and stared at me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked as he grabbed my hand.

"I'm okay. Thanks for being so considerate and simply being a good friend."

"No problem. Come here." He sat up and pulled me down in his lap.

"Reesha I think that you are beautiful inside and out. You deserve to be treated like the Queen that you are. I respect you for telling me that you are in love with somebody else. Most women would use the next nigga to get over their own hurt, but not you." He reached up and caressed my cheek. "I hope that he figures out what he is missing before its too late cause any man would love to have you, but it ain't gon' be just any man that will love you the right way. It's gon' take a special man to give you the love you deserve because you are special."

"Thanks Braylon and so are you. You deserve to be loved by somebody that will love you the way need to be loved and should be loved." I pulled one of his dreads and caressed his cheek.

We got lost in each others eyes and before I knew what was happening our lips were connecting. I ran my hands through his dreads and he ran his through my hair. Braylon pulled back and shook his head.

"Reesha I'm sorry. I got caught up in the moment."

"Its okay Braylon because I got caught up in the moment too." I rose from his lap and stared at him for a minute. "I'm getting sleepy so I uh.. I'ma go to bed. Oh and you don't have to stay down here. I have a two guest bedrooms upstairs. Goodnight."

"Goodnight Reesha."

I turned and headed upstairs. I sat on the bed not believing that I had kissed anybody other than August. For some reason I felt gulity, but I had to ask myself why I really should. I sighed and got in the bed not wanting to think too much on the situation at hand.

******

I sat watching La'Reesha's house and I knew that she wasn't alone. She had that new nigga in her house and she probably dissed August the way she dissed me, but I got something for her dissing me like she did. Once I'm done she won't be able to diss another man, especially me. I pulled off and headed in the direction of my house. I was gon' hit her when she least expected it. I smiled to myself because things were going to be so different.....

Drama is coming so get ready....