I Always Knew

La'Reesha

I had just got dressed and I was still somewhat fuming about the games everybody was playing, especially Tangi. Then against my better judgement I let my body's needs get in the way of the situation at hand, but I was gon' have that talk with August today if its the last thing I did.

I was dressed in some black yoga pants and a simple, white v-neck tee. I put my hair in a messy bun and headed downstairs to face the interogation because my momma was about to get all in my mix. I smelled the aroma of bacon, buttermilk biscuits, home fried potatoes and instantly my stomach roared with hunger.

"Dang momma, you went in." I smiled as I walked in to my modern style kitchen.

"Oh it was no problem. I'm sure you worked up quite and appetite." She turned from the stove and looked at me.

I felt my cheeks heat in shame and embarrassment. I already knew she had a thousand questions about what was going on with August and I, but honestly it was nothing but the usual, sex. I knew how I felt about August and how I have always felt, but I know where things stand on his end.

"Reesha what's on your mind and don't lie because a mother knows."

"Momma I'm fine, really. Can we just eat?"

"No, not until I say what I have to say." She paused and folded her arms across her chest. "Reesha I know that there is something going on with you and August. In fact I have always knew it. Just like I knew he was your first."

My eyes widened in shock. "H-how did you know?"

"I'm a mother Reesha and secondly I am woman. I knew that something had changed with you and I knew that it was because of Yung. I will also tell you this, Tangi ain't cha' friend baby. I watched her when she would come around and especially when Yung would come around. She wanted him and was so damn jealous that he wanted you."

"You trusted her with things and her jealousy got in the way and she used it against you. I know you are wondering how the hell your momma knows this, but I read people and I read her ass a long time ago. Be careful with that one." She turned and got plates outta of the cabinet as I stood there speechless as hell.

Once the plates were fixed and grace we said we sat down and enjoyed this amazing food. I was still reeling from what my momma said and deep down I knew that she was right. Here lately things have been way off with Tangi and I. In all actuality it has been that way for a long time.

"Momma can I be completely honest with you about something." I pushed the potatoes around with my fork.

"Sure sweetheart." She placed her fork in her plate and gave me her undivided attention. My mother was a beautiful milk chocolate complexion, with long jet black hair. She had a curvy figure and she was still in great shape, she was simply gorgeous.

"I have always been in love with August. That's why I never really got serious with no one because all these years he had my heart even though we were far apart. What's sad is the fact that he did me dirty with that dumb bet, but even still I loved him and I still do." I didn't realize I was crying until I saw the tears drop on my hands.

My mother got up and pulled me in her arms as I cried. Love can hurt so bad if you allow it and in my case I allowed it to.

"Reesha he was a young boy and he knew better, but remember that everything ain't what it seems. I don't need to know exactly what happened, but I know Tangi had something to do with whatever went down. Whores always find a way to make the good girl look like a fool and be hurt in the end. With that being said you still have the power over all that. You just gotta know how to tap into it."