26. A Little More of You

Quote of the chapter:

I stared at the door and read the 4B sign in front of me

With one knock at the door, I slowly opened it.

Sean stood next to Will's bedside and they both turned to look at me.

"Hi."

Will smiled at me. He was wearing a grey hoodie and one sleeve was risen up with an iv in his arm.

"Hey." His voice came out hoarse.

Sean looked in between us and came over to me. "I'll be back soon."

He squeezed my shoulder and moved past me to exit through the door.

The door shut behind me.

I moved slowly towards Will's bed and he held his hand out. I nervously took it, placing my bag on the floor.

He smiled at me weakly and I cleared my throat nervously.

"What are you thinking?"

I shrugged and looked down at our hands. I laced my hands in his and laughed nervously.

"Maya?"

I turned my head towards the window that looked out to other buildings.

My nervous laughter stopped and I covered my hand with my mouth.

"I-I thought y-you..." My throat felt sore as I tried to speak. Tears fell down my face and Will immediately pulled me to his chest.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned my head on his shoulder. "I'm okay." He whispered.

I felt my heart squeeze in my chest as he held me.

"I'm sorry. You're the one who's hurt and I can't keep it together."

He moved over and I climbed onto the bed and laid my head on his chest. I wrapped my arm around his torso and he soothed my arm.

"I don't really know what happened. I just dropped to the ground and everything went black." I rubbed his side and he placed his hand on mine. "It was so scary."

"But you're okay now?" I whispered.

"Yes...now that you're here with me."

I snorted. "Corny."

I smiled to myself feeling butterflies.

I wiped my eyes and he chuckled lightly.

"My parents are on their way soon."

"I bet they're worried," I whispered.

"My m-um-Lory..." He struggled. I could tell he wanted to call her mom but he hesitated. "She called me crying. I've never heard her so scared in her life. Dawn was pretty shaken up too."