16. Avoiding The Inevitable

A/N: Comment and vote!

I pushed open the front door and Casey stood in front of me, her eyes wide.

"I have something exciting to tell you," I said smiling.

She said nothing and the look of worry on her face remained.

"What?"

She quickly pulled me into the house and Ben followed behind me.

"Something's happened and I think you might want to see this." She said pulling me into the living room.

No one was currently downstairs and I noticed that the flat screen tv was on, so I sat down on the couch beside her.

Ben stood next to me.

On the screen, a football game was going on and I immediately turned to Casey.

"This is about football?" I questioned in disappointment. "I don't really care."

"It's the highlights from yesterday."

I turned my attention back to the screen and we watched as two players began fighting one another.

They were both wearing the same jersey and pounded each other to the ground.

"Ouch," Ben remarked.

"And look at the last names," Casey added.

I squinted to see that number 24 said Ashby on the back and number 8 said, Lyon.

"Oh my gosh," I whispered.

It was Cooper and Will fighting.

"Aren't they like friends or something?" Ben inquired.

"I-I don't really know."

I watched as they were pulled apart by the referees and their teammates.

A call was made and the whistle blew. The crowd booed and the recap ended.

Casey paused the tv.

"Do you think that-", She started.

"How could he be so stupid," I interjected. "Aren't these games like super important for the season and nationals?"

"He's throwing away all that he's worked for over some silly argument," I said annoyed.

What the hell could they have been arguing about?

Ben sensed my irritation and patted my shoulder.

"I'm sure it won't affect them that much."

I curled my lip in displeasure.

"What do you think they were arguing about?" Casey added looking closely at me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, but whatever it was, I doubt it was important enough to fight about like that."

She nodded and gave me a sideways look.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing." The word came out of her mouth in a way that I didn't like.

It was almost as if she was trying to tell me something without saying it aloud.

"Anyways, is anyone hungry?" Ben walked towards the kitchen.

"I am," I said.

"What were you going to tell me?" Casey asked.

"Spencer asked me out for coffee," I said excitedly.

She smiled with her mouth open and I laughed.

"Cute Spencer from last semester? That's so great. When?"