11. Beneath these stars

I waited by the doors shivering beneath my coat.

I remembered the indoor practice field being renovated last year or so. I'd never been inside though.

It's around 10 pm and I'd much rather be in bed snoring since I didn't sleep much last night and I missed my afternoon nap.

But Will said he would meet me here.

Based on the reactions and celebrations on campus this afternoon, I could only assume we won the game.

I moved a little closer to the door and saw that only a few lights are on, but there was still no one in sight.

Not even security.

I pulled at the door handle and it remained locked.

No one was here. Maybe I should just go home. I could talk to Will later this week when we met up for tutoring.

Maybe Casey was right. This whole situation wasn't as big as it seems.

I would finish tutoring Will and we could both will go back to our separate lives.

And given how big this campus is, we probably would go a while without seeing one another and that'd be fine by me.

I turned to walk down the main steps when I noticed a flashing light out of the corner of my eye.

Maybe I imagined it because when I turned around, it was gone.

I waited for a moment and saw it again.

It's coming from below the balcony.

"Over here." I hear a voice say in the darkness.

I squinted in the darkness and saw Will standing a couple of yards below holding his phone with the flashlight on.

I moved quickly down the stairs and down another set of stairs to reach him. He lightly pushed me through a door closing it shut behind him.

I pulled off the hood of my coat and felt the bright lights of the building shining brightly overhead.

Underneath my feet was a field, but it wasn't like the one's outside. There were yard numbers written on it like a real football field.

 There were yard numbers written on it like a real football field