5. Coffee shops are a Godsend

I hope you guys are enjoying the story thus far. I'm really excited for what is to come. Comment, vote, and don't forget to follow me for more updates.

Tuesday, October 27th

"Is there anyone here yet?" I asked.

Carly looked up from her book and shook her head no. She's one of the only tutors working tonight.

I took another sip of my coffee.

I'm supposed to meet him here for our first session. Professor Fitz said that if we meet twice a week for a month, it should be enough help by the time the paper is due.

My stomach felt queasy for some reason. I think all of the pressure is getting to me. Thankfully no one asked me who I was tutoring.

I looked at the time on my phone and it read 7:37 pm.

I started pacing the small break room and took another sip of my coffee.

The writing center for tutoring was located at the very back of the library. It had a whole separate room so that no outside noise disturbs our work.

 There's a break room in the back for anyone to eat lunch or wait for someone to come by and ask for help

I was told that our time would be at 8, but I got here early.

I stopped pacing and walked up to where Carly is sitting.

I just keep getting paranoid about people coming into the writing center and seeing us. I know I sound crazy but if my own Professor is warning me to keep this on the down-low, I feel like that's concerning.

I hand an idea.

I opened one of the cabinets and pulled out a loose sleeve of paper and grab a permanent marker.

I uncapped it and wrote, "Hey this is your Tutor Maya. I wanted to meet somewhere else for our session today. If you could meet me at this location that would be great. See you soon."

I scribbled down the location, wrote his name at the top of the paper, and walked out into the writing center. I placed it on one of the empty tables and put my tutoring sign up that said his name on it.

******************************************************************************

I checked my phone again. It's 8:03 pm.

I didn't expect him to be here on time since I changed the location last minute.

There was low music playing and little chatter at the Stumptow Coffee shop.