18. Making Amends

I came down the stairs after freshening up and Sean sat on the sofa staring at his phone.

I changed into my robe and threw my hair up in a bun.

"So..." I said gaining his attention. "You said you wanted to talk to me?"

He put his phone in his pocket and sat up straighter.

"It's nice to meet you. It's nice to finally put a face to a name that's been used so much." He said.

I moved across the room and sat down beside him.

Up this close, I could see freckles covered his face and neck that complemented his dark brown hair.

He was dressed up in a nice black jacket and jeans and I noticed the expensive watch on his wrist.

He reminded me of one of Casey's past boyfriends.

I held of one the throw pillows against my stomach. "Someone's been talking about me?"

He chuckled lightly. "I'm talking about Will."

"Oh..." I said feeling stupid. "Well, how did you find me?"

"I stole his phone and did some recon."

I gave him a suspicious look. "That's um...concerning."

"Well, I had no other choice. He wouldn't tell me anything and he's been really off these past few weeks."

I squeezed the pillow and bit my nail nervously. "What do you mean?"

He gave me a look and shook his head. "You know what I mean?"

"I honestly don't." I shrugged.

"Well...after he got into that fight with Cooper, Coach has been on both their asses so they've been practicing even more. He's exhausted at this point."

I didn't even think about how he would get in trouble. Last I remembered, he said that he would have done it again in a heartbeat. I just wished it wasn't at the expense of me and whatever happened that night. I never asked him to do that for me.

"Look, I don't know what got him so angry, I just know that you're involved." He paused and I was almost scared for what he was about to say next. Did he blame me? "I don't know if Will told you but he was having a pretty rough early semester."

I think back to when Will told me he was on the verge of failing his English class because he was going through some personal stuff.

"But everything kind of flipped after Halloween and the beginning of November." He looked me in the eyes now. "I think that's where you came in."

I scoffed and shook my head. "I don't think I had that much of an influence. We talked a bunch and hung out privately every once and a while, but it was never anything super deep. It was mainly tutoring."