Epilogue Part 2

Maya's POV

7:41 pm

My hand wrapped around the door handle and I peered through the heavily tinted windows out into the sidewalk.

"Are you sure this is where he wanted me to meet him?" I said a bit weary.

I was staring at a bakery at the corner of the street. A big CLOSED sign was covering the front door. The name was a bit worn so I couldn't read it fully.

"Yep, boss' orders," Geoffrey said looking at me through the rearview mirror with a smile.

Besides my friends and his manager, Will's driver was the only other person to know that he was in a relationship. Geoffrey would pick me up whenever we were going on a date somewhere secluded. The tinted windows really came in handy then.

"He's waiting for you inside, Miss Cameron." He said after I just stared out the window, unwilling to move.

Maybe I was being petty and I wanted to make Will wait longer. He asked me to meet him here at 7:30 and I purposely took my time to make sure I was a bit late.

It was stupid, I know.

But I was still a little peeved and I wasn't sure what I was going to say when I saw him.

I put more time and energy into my makeup look and outfit. I was wearing my sheer black tight strappy top with dark jeans and open-toed black stilettos.

 I was wearing my sheer black tight strappy top with dark jeans and open-toed black stilettos

Maybe it was a way of me saying, 'look at what you're missing out on.'

It wasn't something I would normally wear and the look Casey gave me when I came out of my room earlier confirmed that she knew what I was doing.

Never have I been the type to play games, but maybe I'd try it out tonight.

I squared my shoulders and unlocked the door, carefully stepping down on the sidewalk.

With a wave at Geoffrey, I closed the door and stared at the bakery in front of me.

You couldn't see much through the front windows, but there was a small light visible coming from the back somewhere.

I passed someone on the sidewalk and walked up to the front door.

My hand wrapped around the handle and I was surprised to find it open after tugging on it.

The door closed behind me. It was an open cafe on one side and tables with chairs on top of them. A glass case held pastries and on top of it sat a cash register. Written on a chalkboard in beautiful calligraphy was the menu up on the wall.

The theme was clearly a mix of earth tones and rainforest. There were plants in every corner and vines were hanging from parts of the ceiling.

This place was gorgeous.