Chapter 44

I got dressed this morning in a new pair of leggings and a new stretchy grey and pink shirt that Aubree and Kaylee helped me pick out.  I was too anxious about how today was going to go then what to wear.  I slipped on my white Chuck Tayler's.  I pulled my hair back in a high ponytail.  Put in some big hoop earrings.  Used my normal light makeup.  I got a text from Ayden saying he was here.  I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs. He demanded to drive me to school today because of the video of the drunk Sarah. 

"I'm leaving!"  I hollered to my parents who were in the kitchen talking about flowers for the wedding.

"Have a great day!"  Dad hollered back.

"Thanks! I'll see you tonight for dinner.  Love you!"  I yelled as I slammed the door.

"Good morning, beautiful!"  Ayden greeted as I climbed in his truck. 

"Good morning, handsome."  I said before giving him a quick kiss.

"You had to break out those pants to wear around a bunch of horny high schoolers?  When I can't be around you all day to keep the guy's from staring at that sexy ass of yours? " He joked pulling onto the road.

"Let them look.  I think this will let them know they better not even think about touching it."  I said flashing my fist at him.

"You hear that, guys?  This sweet, smart, beautiful, sexy woman is mine!  Eat your heart out, bitches!"  Ayden yelled out his window as we drove to school, making me laugh.

"I really like morning Ayden."  I smiled at him. He was a morning person for sure.

"What about all the other Ayden's?"  He joked.

"I love them all."  I said propping my chin on my arm that rested on the console.

"Good, because they all love you."  He winked.

We got out of his truck holding hands and walked over to our group.

"The only rumor we have heard so far is Sarah is too embarrassed to show her face here after that video, and she is doing virtual learning."  Jesse said.

"That would make this a better senior year than I could have dreamed of."  Kaylee said with sass.

"No one is talking about who she was talking about in the video?"  Ayden asked.

"Nope.  People are laughing at how the prom queen couldn't hold her liquor."  Jesse informed us.

"Well, in that case should we head to work?"  Aubree asked.  There was still tension between her and Jesse.  Jesse looked like he was sorry, and Aubree looked annoyed. 

The bell sounded signaling that we needed to head to class.

"I'll see you later, baby."  Ayden said giving me a quick kiss.

"I'll ride with you." Aubree said to Ayden as she left a dumbfounded Jesse standing next to me.

"Is Aubree alright?"  I asked Jesse the second we were alone.

"I guess."  He seemed uneasy.

"Kaylee and I both noticed how different she's been acting.  We know she will talk to us when she is ready.  We just worry about her."  I explained.

"We are just trying to figure some stuff out.  We will be okay."  He offered.  For the first time, he seemed like he wanted to talk to me about something.

"Jesse, you know you can talk to me, too.  Right?  I won't tell Ayden anything.  I only have to tell him everything that concerns me."  I gave him a small smile.