Chapter 2

I was standing in the middle of the hallway by some lockers studying a map of the school.  This had to be the most poorly drawn map I had ever seen.  The secretary in the office seemed bothered by having to give me my class schedule, so I decided not to even ask for directions.  I walked down hallway A first.  As I was walking along, face buried in my map, I bumped into something hard sending everything in my hands flying... again.

    "I'm so sorry!  I wasn't watching where I was going!"  I apologized as I bent down to gather my things. 

    "Shit happens.  First day?" A deep sexy voice said as he handed me my map.

    "That obvious, huh?"  Looking up, I was met with the most amazing green eyes. His bronze, wavy locks were longer on top, almost covering his beautiful eyes.

    "I know I would remember seeing you around."  He smiled back at me.  "Brayden Killian."  He said reaching to shake my hand.

    "I'm Mak...Makenzie Dover."  I stammered shaking his hand.  What's with this school and their sexy male students?  I've only met two and they both shook my composure. I've got to get it together.

    "Where are you headed?" Brayden asked. 

    "Chemistry."  I answered.

    "You need hallway 'C'."  He said with a chuckle.

    "Wow!  I'm way off." I giggled.

    "I'm headed that way; I'll walk with you." Brayden said leading the way.  "Where are you from?"

    "All over. My mom's job requires a lot of moving around."  It was the closest to the truth without having to explain my life.

    "That must be amazing getting to live everywhere."

    "It's been an adventure to say the least."  I smile.  "What do you guys do around here for fun?"  I asked making small talk trying to avoid any prying questions that were sure to happen.

    "There is always a party somewhere."  He laughed.  "We hang at the lake a lot, day and night.  There is a small mall at the outside of town that has a lot to do.  Maybe I could show you around some time."

    "Sure, that sounds great."  I said trying not to blush. What was wrong with me? There are hot guys in every school I've been to. Way to fly under the radar Mak.

    "Here we are." Brayden said as we stopped in front of the classroom door.  "What does your schedule look like?"  He asked taking my schedule.  "We have next period together.  Wait for me here and I'll show you the way."

    "That would be great."  I said as he handed my schedule back.

    "See you soon, Makenzie."  He said as he turned to walk away.

    I looked through the little window on the door to Chemistry .  The class looked full.  I usually didn't mind this part, but something is different about today.  I can't quite put my finger on it.  I drew in a deep breath before turning the knob.

    "Can I help you?"  The teacher asked.  I immediately handed him my paperwork without saying a word.  "Welcome to Chemistry, Ms. Dover. Find an empty seat."

    I looked around the room in search of an empty seat.  There was one beside a boy looking at his phone while picking his nose or one by a girl motioning me over with a welcoming smile on her face.  The choice was easy.

    "Thanks for letting me sit with you."

    "No problem, neighbor.  I couldn't let you sit with the booger picker."  She frowned.  "Welcome to West Point High."