Chapter 22

I got out of my car walked toward my house.  Some of the things Brayden said at dinner wasn't sitting well with me, but I couldn't put my finger on why.  

"He got you flowers?"

I threw my keys and the flowers at the unexpected sound of Ayden's voice sitting on my porch swing.

"You scared the shit out of me!"  I said picking up my things.  "What are you doing here?"  I asked looking around for his truck.

"I parked around the block."  He said knowing what I was looking for.  "I'm on a date.  Well, that's what everyone thinks.  I wanted to check on my friend and see how her date went."

"It wasn't a date.  These are apology flowers.  He's still pissed at you.  I think his feelings are hurt.  He doesn't think you guys really like him."

"He has definitely changed over the years."  Ayden said following me inside.

"How so?"  I asked not knowing any of them very long to compare.

"He always tries making everything into a competition.  He always wants to bet on who can sleep with this girl first, or who can sleep with the most in a week.  That sort of thing.  It gets so annoying."

"Maybe he is just trying to fit it with you.  You know, fit into the players club."  I smirked.

"In the players club we just tell stories. It's all about who can tell the best story and make all the guys wish they were you.  There's no gambling."  He jokingly explained as we sat down on the couch.

"I see.  So, what do you win if you tell the best story?"  I asked raising an eyebrow.

"You get called 'The Man'."  He shrugged with a smirk.

"And how many times have you got to be 'The Man'?"  I questioned, turning my body toward him.

"Plenty of times.  Now that I have the best stories to tell that would guarantee me 'The Man' status for the rest of the year, I can't tell them."  His eyes grew dark.

"That's right.  If you want to keep making those stories that is."  I croaked.  Just being near him made me want him.

"It's a good thing I want to keep making those prize-winning stories."  He said slowly moving closer.

I grabbed his shoulders unable to stand the teasing.  We immediately started kissing that deep heated kiss.  Our bodies were now familiar with each other, and still wanted the other desperately.  He pulled me toward him to straddle his lap.  

His kisses trailed down my neck as he unbuttoned my shirt.  Once my bra was exposed, he sucked on the swell of my breasts.

"Take me to the counter so we can finish one of those stories we already started."  I demanded with swollen lips. 

He froze before looking up at me with lust filled eyes.  He stood up with me still in his lap and carried me to the counter.  He grabbed ahold of my panties, prompting me to lift my hips.  His eyes never left mine as he pulled them down my legs.  He pushed my skirt up as he bent down and lapped up my juices.

"Fuck, Ayden!"  I moaned as my head fell back.  

He stood and pulled my face toward his.  Tasting myself on his tongue made me need him now.

"I want you.  I want you so fucking bad."  I begged in between kisses.

He rolled on the condom as we continued to kiss.  He grabbed my legs, pulling me to the edge of the counter.  He pushed inside my entrance slowly, allowing me to feel every throbbing inch of him.

"Fuck!"  He growled.  I was rendered speechless by the sensual feeling.  He pulled out slowly before entering again the same way.  My head fell back as my eyes closed in enjoyment caused by his skill.  Without warning, he thrust with force causing a moan to escape my lips.  My eyes opened just in time to catch him worshiping my body with his eyes.  His eyes found mine, causing my heart to start pounding out of my chest.  He kissed me with such urgency as he sped up his pace.

As his movements started to become sloppy, I knew he was getting close. 

"Look at me.  Don't close your eyes no matter what."  He demanded as he pushed me back until I was propped up on my elbows.  I did as I was told.  Our breathing was labored and in sync. We found our release at the exact same time.  We stared into each other's souls as we shared this amazing experience.

As soon as we fell over the edge, he bent down and kissed my stomach.  He kissed up my body as he slid out of me.  He pulled me to him, before laying our sweaty bodies on the kitchen floor.  We laid on our backs trying to get control of our breathing.

We laid there in silence for a long while, both lost in our own thoughts.  

Ayden pulled up his pants before sitting up.  He sat on the floor with his back to me.  He looked tortured by his thoughts.  I grabbed my shirt, putting it on as I sat up.

"Penny for your thoughts."  I said getting his attention.  He shook his head and put his shirt on.

"I actually had a date tonight."  He said without looking at me.  It felt like someone shoved a knife through my heart.

"I guess it didn't go well since you ended up here."  I said trying to keep the friend voice.

"No..."  

"What happened?"  I asked.  He just shook his head.  "You can get any girl you want."  

"Any girl I want, huh?"  He said looking at me.  A long silence passed between us before I spoke.

"Yeah, I see the way all the girls look at you.  Hell, you are the first person to make me break my own rules."  I tried joking.  He looked away and laughed.

"I got ready.  I got in my truck, and the next thing I knew I was sitting on your porch like some whipped bitch boy, waiting on you to get home from your date."  He said not looking at me.

"Oh."  I said as my pulse quickened.

"Tell me about it.  You want to know the most fucked up part?"  He asked as he quickly glanced at me before he continued.  "The only reason I set up the date was to get YOU being with HIM out of my head."  He huffed as he put his shirt on.  I stayed silent.

"I didn't come here to fuck you, even though it's clear now that we can't be alone without it happening."  He scolded himself.  "Mak, I swear I just came here to hang out with you.  I really do like hanging around you.  The sex is fucking amazing, but I swear that is not the only reason I am here."  He explains, this time looking me straight into my soul.

"Ayden, I understand exactly what you are saying.  Maybe we should avoid being alone until we get some things figured out."  I answered honestly.

"Maybe your right."  He agreed as we got up off the floor.  "I don't want to give up our friendship so I'll just text you instead of showing up.  For a while anyways."  He said as we walked to the door.

"I think it's obvious that we can't trust our hormones."  I joked.

He leaned down and placed a long gentle kiss on my forehead.  I melted into his touch.  He pulled back giving me a sad smile.  I returned one of my own, feeling like this was goodbye.  He placed another kiss on my temple.  I melted into him more.  Then on my cheek.  As he pulled away my head automatically turned so he could place one on my needy lips.  

This kiss was different.  It wasn't fueled by need or sex.  It was slow and deep and something else.  It was eternal, stopping all sense of time.  Without warning, it ended.  I opened my eyes just in time to see the front door closing.