Chapter 15

"It had been raining for days. Ayden and I couldn't stand not getting to go outside and play. When the rain stopped, we had this elaborate plan to sneak out and play in the mud. Aubree always tried to follow us around, but being stuck in the house, let's just say there is only a handful of places to hide." Jesse laughed telling a story of their childhood. "We told her we were playing a game of hide and seek. As soon as she went to the other room to count, we made a mad dash for the back door."

"I knew how bad you idiots wanted to go outside, and when I seen the back door was standing wide open, I knew immediately where you were." Aubree giggled not breaking eye contact with Jesse across the campfire.

"I knew how much trouble we were going to get into the second she walked outside. Her eyes lit up and I just knew she was going to go tell our mom. I did the first thing that popped in my mind." Ayden laughed.

"This asshole pushed her headfirst into the mud puddle." Jesse smiled shaking his head at the memory. "She just started swimming in the puddle like that's what she had planned all along." We all busted out laughing at this.

"Then Jesse jumped in and started swimming with me!" Aubree said looking at Jesse. The look they shared was the sweetest thing ever.

"Awe!" Kaylee and I squealed in unison.

"What? It looked like fun." Jesse shrugged with a blush creeping into his cheeks

We had all been sitting around the campfire telling stories of when we were little. Well, they were telling stories. I couldn't remember much from my childhood and what I did remember wasn't anything to brag about. It appeared that I had a pretty boring life. 

"This is my song! Let's go dance!" Kaylee squealed breaking the silence that had settled over the group as she got off Jonah's lap, pulling him toward the music.

"Do you want to dance?" Brayden asked standing from his chair as he sat his bottle on the ground.

"Sure, why not?" I shrugged, getting to my feet. A sound escaped Ayden's mouth that caught my attention. I caught him sending Brayden a glare. "You guy's coming?" I asked Ayden, Aubree, and Jesse.

"Sure, let me go find a partner." Ayden huffed before stomping away.

"No, I think I'm gonna turn in. I'm beat." Aubree stretched.

"No, thanks.  I don't dance." Jesse said kicking back in his chair. Stretching out his legs toward the fire, he crossed his ankles and took a long sip of beer watching the flames dance.

"Goodnight." I said to Aubree as Brayden led me to the crowd of people dancing.

"You're a really good dancer." I said as Brayden pulled me around the makeshift dance floor.

"My sister made me take lessons for her wedding." He said before dipping me with a smile. This caused me to giggle. I was having so much fun.

I felt a pair of eyes on me. When I looked up, I seen Ayden watching me as some bimbo grinded against the front of him. He had his hands on her hips as she bent over and press her butt in his crotch. It felt like his eyes were burning a hole through me. I snapped my attention back to Brayden. Why did I feel...jealous? The beat of the song changed into something slower and more sensual. I placed my back against Brayden's chest to avoid having to watch Ayden and started moving to the beat. I wasn't going to let Ayden ruin my mood. I closed my eyes and let the music take over. I was having the time of my life.

When the song ended, I open my eyes to find I was facing Ayden again. He was looking at me with fueled eyes as the bimbo kissed his neck.  His hands rested loosely on her hips, not really paying any attention to her. She pulled away and latched her lips onto his.  His eyes bugged, surprised by her action.  I watched for a few seconds before I couldn't stand the sight any longer, my eyes were beginning to sting.  I rolled my eyes at him before turning around to face Brayden. Brayden cupped my face, placing his mouth on mine.  I was in complete shock.  My body froze as his lips caressed mine.  At this very moment, I realized I wasn't kissing him back.  There was no spark, nothing.  Brayden pulled away from the kiss, searching my eyes for a reaction.  Disappointment was clear on his face.