Chapter 30

"You're sure this isn't the party your brother is at, right?" I asked as we walked up to the front door of a lake house that I have no idea who the owner is.

"I don't know for sure where they are at. What does it matter? We are here to have fun."  Aubree said.

"As long as he stays away from me. I'm not ready to talk to him yet."

"I don't know what he did, but I'll kick his ass if you need me to."  

"I can handle it. It's between me and your stupid brother." I laugh. "Enough about him. It's girl's night." I say before walking in.

There were a ton of people at this party.  I saw different school jackets being worn by the party goers.  The vibe of the party seemed pretty laid back.  It was just what I needed tonight.  I did not need any drama.  It was all I could do not to keep Ayden from taking over my thoughts completely.

"Don't look now. He's here." Kaylee said as we made our way to find a drink.

"Well, I look good. Let him eat his heart out." I shrugged.

"That's the spirit!" Kaylee said handing us all a cup of alcohol.

"Cheers!" We all laugh as we hit our plastic cups together.

"He is in fact eating his heart out at this very minute." Aubree said causing us all to look in his direction. In that split second, I made eye contact with the asshole. He looked so sad that it almost made me cave and run to him. I quickly looked away. Moments later my skin got goosebumps. I knew he was making his way to me.

"No! Get back! I belong to her!" Ayden's voice boomed from behind me. We turned to look at the commotion he was causing. Jesse and Jonah were on each side of him, holding him up. He was telling some girl off, pointing to me. He looked up and made eye contact with me causing his face to burst out in a huge grin. "Hi, baby! She offered to suck me off in the bathroom, but I told her you own this dick!" It was clear he was past waisted. His was being so damn cute and embarrassing at the same time. I couldn't hide my smile.

"You better get to steppin'!" I warned the embarrassed girl as I walked up to a drunk Ayden.

"Sorry, we were just making him call it a night." Jesse apologized.

"He's totally waisted." Aubree said as she picked up Ayden's head that was sagging. He could no longer hold his head up, but he smiled at Aubree before she dropped his head and laughed.

"I think I'm ready to call it a night myself. Your stupid brother is in no shape to be left alone." I said to Aubree.

"We can finish the party at our lake house. We're not far from there anyway. We can't take him home like this with mom and dad there, mom would just worry about nothing."

I got in the backseat with Ayden. He laid his head in my lap. Aubree drove Jesse's car with him in the front with her. Kaylee was driving her jeep with Jonah. A few more vehicles followed behind. Ayden moaned from my lap. I automatically ran my fingers through his hair.

"Makenzie?" He moaned.

"It's me. Ayden, if you're going to get sick, please warn me."

"Uh..kay." He mumbled.

"Take him to his room." Aubree told Jesse and Jonah as we got into the lake house. I followed them up the stairs.

"Are you coming back down?" Kaylee hollered up at me.

"Yeah, I'm just going to get him situated. I'll be back." I answered.

"Lay him on his stomach, please." I instructed them as they laid Ayden down on the bed.