21. Kai

"Are you okay?" I asked Zeke later in the night when we had gone to our bedroom and he looked up from brushing his teeth as I leaned against the doorframe

"Why do you ask?" He asked and I shrugged

"Because you killed your father," I replied and he sighed putting his brush down and rising him mouth before turning the water off and drying his face,

"You don't need to worry about me, love, I'm doing perfectly fine," he replied laying his hands on my hips and I looked up with a raised brow and he smiled leaning down to give me a kiss on the forehead, "my father wasn't a good man, Kai. He had it coming"

"What do you mean?" I asked and he sighed pulling away but grabbing my hand and leasing us back into the room and to the end where he helped me to get comfortable—well as comfortable as I can get seeing as I was getting closer to my due date—before he climbed into his side of the bed.

"There's not much to say other then my father got what he deserved for his stupid actions," he replied and I looked at him wanting him to continue and I guess he got the hint as he said, "I was 15 when I took over the gang after my father got my mother and unborn brother killed because he killed the leader of a rival gang. Said leader has a daughter who ordered her father's men to avenge his death and they did," he clenched his jaw and I bit my cheek at being nosey, the last thing I wanted was for him to relive the most painful day of his life, "he blamed me for their deaths, can you believe that? He was pathetic and a weakling hence the reason I took over at 15 and kicked him to the curve."

"Was he the reason why the den had been attacked?" I asked and  he nodded

"He didn't think that I'd leave a little more than a few of the gang here to keep watch of the house while I was gone," he replied turning to fade me laying a hand on my belly, "my men and I got rid of every man that he had rallied before bringing him here where I made him suffer the same— if not worse—pain that my mother had suffered because of his stupidity."

"As much as I don't like hearing about death and gore, I'm glad that you finally got your revenge as well," I said cupped his face and he smiled nuzzling his nose against my wrist, "I just hope that the men that were killed outside the first gates of defense were all that was left of Rick's associates"

"Caden and Tony are looking into that and we'll known by morning if we still need to be cautious or not," he replied and I nodded, "for now don't stress yourself and get some sleep"

"Okay,"

*****

It was four in the morning when I woke up with a start as I felt a sharp pain on my stomach walking Zeke in the process, "Kai?"

"I think—I think my water just broke" I murmured I not sooner had I felt that sharp pain did I feel something wet in between my legs. He jumped up and turned the light on and pressing a button on the phone to alert Doctor Kylie

"We're coming down, Kai's water just broke" he said before hanging up and getting out of bed and throwing on a shirt before helping me out of the end and into a clean pair of pants, "Whenever you feel a contraction come, take deep breaths just like Kylie instructed," I nodded and did just that when I felt a contraction come a few minutes later and gasped gripping his hand while I braced myself with the other on the bed.

"Fuck, this hurts," I whimpered after it was gone

"I know but you're doing amazing sweetheart," he praised and I looked up with a tired smile, "let's get you downstairs so she can do the c-section"

We walked out of our room and towards the elevator that wood take us to the basement where Doctor Kylie's office was as well as the infirmary.

And one moment we were in the delivery room with a blue curtain between me and the doctor and the next I was laying in a recovery room with my newborn baby nestled in my arms asleep. There were no words to describe what I felt the moment I laid my eyes on him for the very first time when he was placed on my chest even if it had been for a brief second as the nurse had taken him away to get cleaned and weighed.

Now here I was, resting against some pillows with him fast asleep in my arms work Zeke beside me looking down at him with pure love in his eyes, "god he's perfect" he whispered as he ran a finger lightly over the baby's forehead causing him to scrunch his nose up

"Couldn't agree more" I murmured with a smile, "would you like to hold him again?"

"Can I?" He asked looking up and I smiled

"He's you're son too, you know" I replied making him grin, I passed the baby onto his arms gently and damn it to hell and back, did Zeke look hot holding our son, "did you call Tony and the others to let them know?"

"No, I didn't want them disturbing you or him. I'll call them later in the morning once you've had some sleep and he's been fed," Zeke said and I smiled because that didn't surprise me. He did tell me that if and when I had the baby that he wouldn't tell the others until we had sleep and ate.

A knock on the door had us looking up in them to see the doctor walk in, "sorry for disrupting your family bonding but I need to ask if you've decided on a name?"

"Yes," we replied in unison making the doctor raise a brow

"He's name is Ashton Carson," I replied and she nodded writing it down on the clipboard she carried before along over and writing it on the white board Bear the door along with his weight along with the time and date of birth.

"Perfect names for a perfect baby," she said and we couldn't agree more, "congratulations once again Boss and Don"

"Thank you, Kylie," Zeke said and she nodded before leaving  the room after saying that she'll be back later to check on me and the baby and that I should get some sleep before the house learned that the heir to the gang was born.

"She's right love, get some sleep because god only knows just how many people will be coming to see you once I announce it to the gang after telling our family and friends first that is"

I nodded getting as comfortable as I could in the end while he walked towards a rocking chair with Ashton in his arms. I watched him with a smile as he rocked the baby and whispered softly to him.

I know that with the birth of Ashton, there will be even more danger to the gang but until that day comes, Zeke and I will do everything in our power to make sure Ashton is raised in a carefree and danger free home surrounded by people who will protect and love him deeply.

One day, one day there will be a time where we'll be faced with many challenges but until then, what mattered now was that he was healthy and safe in the arms of his father.