35. Kai

March 22,2020

"Alright," I said clapping my hands making Caden and Caroline look up from the baby books they had in their hands. We've been sitting in the living room practically all morning and I was tired. And hungry.

"We still haven't picked a name yet," Caroline said with a whine.

"We've been going through all this books all morning and I'm hungry," I said standing up from my seat on the sofa before waking around the mountain of baby book names littering the floor and walked through the archway before making ny way towards the kitchen—I could hear Caden and Caroline trailing behind me. "Besides we might not even cook the name we pick,"

"But it doesn't hurt to at least pick one," Caroline said as they followed me to the kitchen where I saw Maria—one of the many cooks—preparing dinner as if was already half past 5.

"Afternoon Donna, Master Caden and Miss Caroline,"she greeted with a smile as she looked up from what she was making, "Dinner will be ready in a few minutes."

I nodded and went to the fridge to grab a bottled water, "it smells delicious, Maria."

"It's Don's favorite," she replied making me smile and nod, "Well, one of his favorite dishes."

"Speaking of, where is that husband/fiancé of yours?" Caroline asked.

"He took Ashton to the park for a bit, they should be coming home soon though," not even a moment after I spoke I heard Ashton's giggles from the front door making me smile.

"Why don't you tell Don Zeke that dinner will be served soon?" Maria suggested and I nodded before leaving the kitchen to meet Zeke and Ashton at the front door.

"MAMA!" Ashton squealed upon seeing me and I grinned crouching to his level so he could wrap his arms around my neck once he reached me.

"Hi my baby" I murmured picking him up showering him with kisses which earned me a fit of giggles and squeals, "Did you have fun with Papa?"

"Mhm," he nodded with a toothy grin and I smiled kissing his forehead.

"He didn't make any fuss?" I asked Zeke who shook his head before leaning down to press a kiss to my lips.

"He was well behaved, but he did throw a tantrum on our way back though," he said looking down at the soon to be 10 month old and I hummed.

"He does like the park so I'm not surprised," Caden said with a chuckle as he ran his fingers through Ashton's hair making the boy beam before yawing.

"Maria said dinner will be ready soon, so we should go wash up before we come down to eat," I said and Zeke nodded. Caden and Caroline headed to the living room while the three of us headed to our room upstairs where Zeke and I went our separate ways,he went to our room to change while I took Ashton to his to change him.

*******

"Should we start remodeling one of the guest rooms in our floor for the baby?" Zeke asked the following morning as we got ready for the day. I was already being to show but not much.

"I'd like that, but we need to make it gender neutral as we want to keep the baby's sex a secret until it's born," I said looking at him in the mirror as he was getting dressed for the day, and he nodded walking over to me once he was dressed and wrapped his arms around my waist while resting his chin on my shoulder.

"We can work on the baby's nursery once I'm done with work," he promised and I smiled nodding. He pulled back so I could get off from my chair, and I nodded leaning up to give him a quick kiss in the lips before he left for the office downstairs.

I looked in the mirror and lifted my shirt to see the small bump that had begun to form and grinned. I couldn't wait to hold this little one in my arms and watch them grow into an exceptional person like their brother. And I couldn't wait to watch Ashton be the best big brother to his little sibling either. They'll be the best of friends, I can already tell by how Ashton tends to place his little head on my belly  and how he tends to give my belly kisses.

I shook my head and lowered my shirt before exiting the room and walking across the hall towards Ashton's room to get him ready for the day.

"Mama!"He squealed as he bounced in his crib he held his teddy bear that Zeke had gotten him a few weeks ago when we went to the arcade after winning a game of target shooting.

"Hi baby," I smiled picking him up from the crib and carrying him over to the changing table to change his soiled diaper and change him out of his pjs. "Wanna go see the puppies?"

His eyes brightened at the mention of puppies as a smile bloomed on his lips. Once he was dressed in a pair of tan khaki pants, a white long sleeve shirt with a dinosaur in the center and black Nikes, I carried him out of the room and made our way to the kitchen to feed him some lunch and lastly took him out to the kennels where Carli was with her litter of puppies. She had them about a week ago and I make it my daily mission to come out to see her and the puppies whenever I can with Ashton since he's obsessed with them and Zeke and I have even thought about giving him one of the puppies once they're are old enough to be separated from Carli.

"Good morning, Donna, and little master," were our greetings when we reached the kennels and I smiled nodding in greeting at one of the caretakers of the kennels.

"Good morning, Allan," I greeted, "How's Carli and the puppies?"

"They're doing good," he replied.

"That's good, has she been eating well?" I asked and he nodded before we turned towards the kennel where Carli and her 8 puppies were currently laying in, "hi mama" her head lifted at the sound of my voice and her eyes lit up before she gave a bark making me chuckle, "Look who I brought to see you."

"Cawli," Ashton squealed with a bright grin his eyes bright with happiness upon seeing her and the pups.

Carli was incredible with them, always being attentive and careful with them especially the smallest of the litter. She was absurdly adorable with a white heart shape mark on her chest. She was the only one that had taken after Carli while the rest had taken after their dad, Maverick, Carli's mate. She wood not let other dogs near her unless it's Maverick and vice versa. They are inseparable unless he's off doing gang stuff with Zeke.

Speaking of, Zeke must have come and gotten him to take Maverick out for a walk which means that Zeke must already be done with work. Speak of the devil, a bark coming from the other end do the kennels made me look up to see Zeke approaching with Maverick and smiled.

"Look who's coming baba," I said pointing in Zeke's direction and Ashton beamed.

"Dada!"