27. Kai

Zeke and his most trusted gang members left the hideout more then five hours ago once they learned of where Valery and her accomplices were hiding and though I shouldn't fear for them, I still do because god only knew what she was planning. I paced our bedroom waiting for it to open to reveal my husband but as the minutes ticked by, nothing has happened other then listening to my parents and brothers silently talking across the hall.

Ashton, as if sensing something was wrong didn't want to go down but I guess me constantly rocking him and playing the song Zeke recorded on my phone wore him out and he finally went down about half an hour ago. That boy is so incredibly attached to his father that it scares me that I'll get a phone call saying that he was killed during the ambush at Valery's hideout. Thats all I seem to be thinking of. Zeke getting hurt during the cross fire, him not making it out alive, having to bury him and raising Ashton on my own. I know I should be thinking positively but I just can't, all of these negative thoughts keep seeping in through and I ha-

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I held my breath as I pulled it out and closed my  eyes seeing Zeke's name flash on the screen.

"Hello?" I asked the call

"Hi baby, sorry I haven't called you in the last couple of hours," he said and I swallowed the knot that formed in my throat

"It's okay, all that matters is that you're okay," I whispered and I could hear shouting on the other end making me furrow my brows, "is everything okay?"

"Yes, the guys are finishing off the last of Valery's allies," he replied making me hum, we exchanged a few more words before hanging up. And the entire time we were on the phone I have been wanting to tell him those three words that have been on the tip of my tongue for the past couple of weeks but I never got to say them. No matter how many times I've had the chance I always chickened out, but tonight will be the night I finally told him how I felt about him.

I paced the room in anticipation of what was going to happen soon and felt my heart race in my chest. I have never felt this nervous about saying those three words before yet here I was thinking that it might be too soon to say th—my train of thought was caught short as the door to the room opened and I looked up to see Zeke in the other side.

I stood there in the middle of our room, not knowing what to do or say. All I could do was stand there in the middle of the room as our eyes locked.

"Are you going to stand there all night or a-" I cut him off by launching myself into his arms and pressing my lips to his.

He tightened his grip on me as he took complete control over the kiss making me moan in response. Yes, Zeke and I have kissed but it was nothing like this. This kiss felt different, I don't know how to explain it but all I knew is that I have never felt this way about anyone, not even Rick.

"I love you," I whispered as tears welled up in my eyes and I felt my throat close up, "I'm so freaking in love with you that it kills me every time I watch you leave on a mission,"

All Zeke could do was hold me as I broke down, finally letting the emotions I've been bottling in out. I knew I loved Zeke but I was afraid to say it out loud in fear of getting hurt but as time passed, all I could do was fall more and more in love with the man holding me. The man that saved me and my son from a live of hell. The same man that has been risking his life over and over again to make sure that mine and our son's lives are safe.

"I'm sorry for always worrying you," Zeke murmured as my sobs slowed down to nothing but hiccups, "and seeing you like this is killing me, Kai. Fuck, you have no idea how much it killed me every time I leave because it scares me to the ends of the earth as it could be my last time seeing you and our son."