4. Zeke

"How is he?" I asked when John walked into my office the following morning.

"He's still a little apprehensive about staying here but with time he'll get used to it," John replied and I nodded.

"Does he suspect anything, yet?" I questioned next as I offered him a seat across from my desk but he declined as he remained standing.

"No, but I believe that it would be good for him to know the truth even if he won't believe it at first," he said and I set the pen I was holding down on the desk on top of the file I was looking over before looking back up at him.

"I agree but for now, let him adjust to his new surroundings before he knows anything that may only cause him more panic and will want to run away," I said and he nodded before excusing himself and leaving my office closing the door behind him on his way out leaving me to sit at my desk with the forgotten file.

"If you ever develop feelings for him, please be patient with him and don't break him, please"

I closed my eyes as his voice echoed in my head even if it's been 3 years since so last saw him. Kai was a beautiful person, there was no denying that. He was short for his age standing a little over 5'2 with soft features from his naturally pouty lips, small button nose, and soft curves in the right places. His eyes were what had attracted me the first I ever saw him even if it had been in a photograph that an old friend has shown me. His eyes were such a vibrant color that it took my breath away by just a simple glance at them. His eyes were blue like the sea, crystal clear blue- shimmering and crashing and churning. Looking into his eyes you could hear the waves falling against the shore, and see the foam flying into the air. His eyes were blue like the sky right before the sun disappears- dark rich indigo, with specks of wild colors here and there. His eyes were blue like that warm wool sweater that you put on when the air gets that chill- comfortable, warm, familiar. His eyes were that kind of blue.

I was never one to notice such things in anyone but him. He was different from every person I've ever come across.

"Don't break him, Zeke, please" his voice echoed again in my head and I sighed shaking my head before turning my attention to the field outside my office window and what I saw took my breath away yet again. I knew Kai enjoyed wearing women's clothing more than he likes men's and I can see why. He looked stunning. He wore a simple yet beautiful soft yellow sundress with white flowers decorating the hem of the dress. His blonde hair-though when I first met him was up in a bun-was now down to his mid-back in soft ringlets that framed his delicate face. I bit the inside of my cheek as I watched him sit on the grass and smile as he picked a flower from the garden.

He snapped his head and I raised a brow when I saw him looking towards the left before he scrambled to his feet as one of my maids stormed towards him. I couldn't quite hear what they were saying but I clenched my jaw when I saw her push Kai making him tumble to the ground before being assisted by John who had shown up just a second later. I watched as he yelled at the maid as he held Kai behind him who looked shaken up as he gripped the back of John's jacket with what I believe were trembling hands.

I moved away from the window and walked outside since the yard was just next to my office making all three look up when they saw me. Kai's eyes widened when he noticed me and fear in them made me frown but said nothing instead I looked at the maid who was frozen.

"Is there a reason why you pushed, Mr. Jacobson, Dolores?" I questioned the maid who became incredibly pale before shaking her head,