26. Zeke

"What is this?" Landon asked looking at the file I held towards him.

"Look for yourself," I said and he furrowed his brows, Ryan and Alec joined him in looking at the file that I already knew by heart.

"You ran a background check on my wife?" He asked, "why?"

"Dad it's not mom," Alec said his voice sounding confused, "it's aunt Valery,"

The door to the office opened at the moment revealing a frantic Kai and a confused James.

"We need to talk," He said as soon as he saw but he wasn't alone.

"About?" I asked confused.

"My mom," He replied and we gave him confused looks.

"What about her, Kai?" Landon asked.

"I think she's planning something ," he said.

"What are you talking about?" Ryan asked and he told us about the conversation he had overheard between 'Monica' and an unknown individual just before he got here.

"Why do you all look as if you know something that I don't?" Kai asked taking Ashton from me so he could go feed him since the infant began to whine in my arms. He sat down on of the chairs and got down to business while his brothers and father exchanged looks, "well?" So they told him how Monica was in fact not their mother but it was their aunt pretending to be their mom, "you can't be serious."

"Zeke —though I find it wrong—had a background check done on her and it turned out that the woman we have been calling mom is actually her identical twin sister, Valery," Ryan said.

"Wait, wait hold on," James said since he had gotten  here with Kai and didn't hear everything, turned to me, "why the fuck did you do that?"

"Can we stop with the swearing please?" Kai asked as he glared at his eldest brother who gave him an apologetic smile making Kai roll his eyes and return his focus on feeding our son.

"Because there was something that wasn't right about her," I replied before adding, "she was looking at the house as if she were mapping it in her head to later use it and now with Kai having heard her on the phone with someone means that she's planning something."

Just then the alarm went off making the Jacobson brothers and Landon to look at me and I cursed.

"This is a secret passage way that will lead you to an underground parking lot where Caden and Tony will be waiting for you," I said as I looked at the message that my brother sent. I moved a wall lamp causing the wall to move to the side revealing the passageway, "it's a straight passage so you don't need to make any turns, once you've reached Tony and Caden they will take you back to the house."

"What about you?" James asked.

"I'll be right behind you," I replied and Kai narrowed his eyes making me smile, "don't worry, I'll be right behind you, I promise," he didn't look convinced but followed after his brothers and father into the tunnel. I closed the door behind me and turned one of the knobs making the passage disappear so if whoever figures out there's a hidden door, they'll be sent in a different direction then the one we are heading in.

"How did anyone find this place? Wasn't it supposed to be hidden in a secret location?" I heard Ryan ask as I joined them in the parking lot.