41. Kai

June 24,2020

It's been 2 weeks since Caden and Tony arrived at the house with their baby and it's been such a wonderful sight to see. They are truly incredible parents to little JJ. Those two have been through so much to get to this point and it's been such a blessing to watch them finally fulfill their long lived dream of being parents. I know that Caden and Tony, before they decided to adopt, have tried to get pregnant so after many failed pregnancies, they made the choice of adoption and God finally granted them their dream. And JJ has been such a great addition to our already growing family and I couldn't wait to see what the future holds for the next generation of Robertson-Belyakov's.

I was brought out of my thoughts by a sharp kick and I smiled rubbing the spot where I felt her kick.
I was getting closer and closer to my due date and I couldn't wait to hold her in my arms. Three more months to go and we'll be holding our girl.

"How's baby doing?" Mom asked as she walked into the livid room where I was currently sitting while Ashton played with his toys along with his cousins.

"Good, she's been moving a lot," I replied with a smile as I rubbed my bump and she nodded

"I remember when I was pregnant with you," she said and I looked at her to see she had a small smile, "Gosh you used to move so much that it was hard to get comfortable." She shook her head with a chuckle making me smile, "but goodness, I was so filled with so much relief knowing you were okay."

"What do you mean?" I questioned and she sighed before telling me how her pregnancy with had been difficult do to the fact that I was different. Different with me having both male and female organs.

"Doctors wanted me to have an abortion when I was nearly five months along," she said and her jaw clenched as she remembered the past, "Said that you would be an abomination, like who even says that, to someone carrying a baby?"

I bit my cheek as I listened to her words, "I cursed them to hell and back for even suggesting such a thing. I didn't care how you looked like or that you would be different. All I cared about was that you were healthy." I smiled and reached for her hand making her look down.

"I'm glad that you didn't give up on me," I said and she smiled pulling me into her side before pressing a kiss to my temple.

"I'd never give up on you. Or your brothers. All five of you are my reason to live and breath. I'd fight for you even when you don't need me." She said and I knew she was telling the truth by the mere fact hat she was here, telling me how she was told to abort me because I was intersex.

"You're the greatest mama." I murmured hugging her and she tightened her arms around me before pulling back and cupping my cheeks.

"If you ever find yourself in such a position as I was, don't let the doctors dictate your decisions." She said and I nodded.

"Never."

"Good,now, I'm gonna go see what your father is doing before I'm called and told he cut a limb off." She said with an eye roll but I knew she was just teasing by the smile she sported as she stood up from her spot beside me before giving me one last kiss on the forehead.

"I'm never gonna let anyone hurt you, baby girl." I whispered as I felt her give a kick, "I'd give up my life before any harm comes to you or your brother."

******

"Are you ready to see how our girl is doing?" Zeke asked as he walked into our room later in the day and I nodded, "where's Ash?"

"With my parents," I replied and he nodded, "They took him to the park in town with Julian, James and Jackie's son."

"That's good, we should plan a family outing soon since we haven't gone anywhere since he was born." He said as we made our way down to Kelly's office.

"That would be nice," I said with a smile as he knocked on Kelly's door and waited for her to let us in.

"Come in, door is open!" She called and Zeke pushed the door open and we made our way in and saw her typing on her computer, "Good afternoon Don and Donna, please come on in, I'll be with you in a few minutes."

"Take your time," I said and she gave me a grateful smile before turning back to her task. We didn't have to wait for much though as she finished her work a few moments later.

"Sorry about that," she apologized but we both dismissed her and she smiled before asking how we were doing and then had me ge ton the scale to see how much eight I had gained during this pregnancy before asking me to get on the cot with my shirt lifted up exposing my bump. "Has she been moving at all?"

"She's been moving a lot more than Ashton had when I was pregnant with him," I said with a chuckle and she nodded with smiled as she clicked on the keypad on the computer firing it up.

"That's completely normal. Each pregnancy is different from each other so it's not surprising that this little lady is moving more than her older brother." She said, "are we ready to see how big she is?"

"Yes," we replied in unison making her chuckle. She put some gel on my belly making me wince at its coldness which she apologized for not warning me beforehand but I waved her off.

"Alright, let's see," she said as she placed the wand in my belly and began moving it around, Zeke stood beside me as we watched the screen and soon our daughter popped on screen. "Seeing as you're 28 weeks already baby girl is the size of an eggplant. She wights roughly weighs about 2 2/3 pounds, is almost 15 inches long from head to heel, and can blink her eyes (which now sport lashes)." She said as she moved the wand more and clicked here and there, "do you want to hear her heartbeat?"

"Yes," I replied and she nodded as she clicked a keypad and a second later the familiar thump! thump! Of her heartbeat filled the room and I swallowed the knot in my throat as tears filled my eyes. God she had such strong heartbeat for such a small body.

"She's absolutely perfect." Zeke murmured beside me and I couldn't agree more with him on that.

"She really is."