9. Kai

"Kai?" I heard a voice call from outside my bedroom and quickly stood up, which was a bad idea as I felt my world begin to tilt. I held onto the counter to regain my balance but it only got worse, "Kai are you in there?"

For once  I wished the rooms weren't soundproof because I could have called out to John who was knocking on the door. Fuck. I've been feeling ill for the past couple of weeks now and it has only gotten worse since Rick's death three days ago.

It still confused me as to why he wanted me back even after he had Blaze. Heck, I'm pretty sure everyone wanted to know but we'll never get those answers since he's dead.

"Kai?" The voice called again and I groaned leaning my head on the toilet as nausea once again assaulted me and I bent over the bowl just as the door to my room opened before hurried footsteps walked into the bathroom, I felt a hand on my back as I whispered tears turning down my face as my throat burned from all the puking I've been doing since I woke up an hour ago, "that's it, let it all out"

Zeke.

As I finished retching, I heard the sink turn on before a cup was placed in front of my face, "here, rinse your mouth," Zeke murmured as I reached for the cup with a shaky hand before rinsing my mouth and spiting it into the bowl right after

"Thanks," I mumbled handing the empty cup to him before he helped me to my feet

"How long have you been feeling ill?" He asked as he helped me back into the room and into the bed

"A few weeks," I replied as I settled on the pillows that he placed behind my back

"Why didn't you say anything? I'm going to send Kylie up to check on you," he said tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, "and don't even argue with me. You look pale"

"I'm fine, it's probably just a bug" I whispered and he shook his head,

"If it were only a stomach bug it would have only lasted a day, but you said you've been feeling ill for weeks," he retorted and I bit my lip, "which means you've been like this way before you came here with John"

"Whenever I got sick like this it always lasted a few weeks," I stated but who was I kidding? This is not the same as those other times

"Still I want you to get checked with Kylie our doctor," He stated firmly not giving me a choice in rejecting his offer and so I just nodded, "good, I'll have her come see you as soon as possible,"

"Okay," I murmured

"Get some sleep you look like you need it" he said and I suddenly felt drained so I nodded again as a yawn took over making him smile, "I'll also have Caden bring you up something warm to eat once lunch is ready"

"And why can't you?" I asked tilting my head

"Believe me I'd be more than happy to bring you something to eat but I've got a ton of work I need to take care off ," he replied with an apologetic smile

"It's okay, don't worry. I was just teasing you," I replied giving him a reassuring smile

"Either way, but I will come see you once I'm done to check on you to see how you're doing" he stated and I nodded and he leaned down and pressed a kiss to my forehead, "get some sleep now," I snuggled under my covers as I watched him walk out of the room before letting sleep take over. Who knew that throwing up could be so draining?