Epilogue: Zeke

*20 years later*

20 years. That's how long it's been since I married the love of my life. A lot has happened since our wedding and since the birth of Ashlie. Our family had grown by 7 more kids. Yes, in total we have 9 kids. Kai and cursed me to hell and back for knocking him during his contractions.

So as you know Ashton was born on the 12th of July 2019. We'll start with him first. Since Kai was already pregnant with him when we got together, I adopted Ashton and gave him my last name. Ashton is now 21 is a sophomore at USC Marshall School of Business. He got a full ride scholarship to it too through his hard work and through baseball. He's still the same attentive and caring brother he was growing up. He's always calling to check up on the younger ones. He was coming home next week for thanksgiving and Kai and the kids don't know. This will be his first hold of su home since moving to California two years ago for college. And he'll also be reuniting with his boyfriend of six years who so happens to be JJ.

Yes, the same JJ that Caden and Tony had adopted. Ashton and JJ's relationship wasn't anything more than that of cousins even if they didn't share the same blood but like the saying goes, the heart what's what it wants and while they were still teenagers they got together and have been so for the past six years. Anyway, Ashton is about 6'0 with believe it or not, tattoos. He's got his arms, chest and legs tattooed—as far as Kai and I know. Ashton did have his rebellious stage during middle school and high school and for his first tattoo—mine and Kai's initials—behind our backs. He was 15.

Ashlie, born September 1st 2020, is currently a freshman at the institute of performing arts at NYU. She's studying Interdisciplinary Arts, Performance, Media & Technology. Her love for music stared at a very young age since she was always with Kai and my husband is always singing or dancing. She was also coming home for the holidays and in this trip she will be bringing her boyfriend. Yes, boyfriend. My little girl has a damn boyfriend.

Four years after Ashlie was born, came the twins. Zachariah and Zoe. They're born April 4,2024. They are currently sophomores in high school. They are polar opposites of each other. Zach is the quiet one between the two and is more into reading, video games and comic books while Zoe is outgoing, loves spending time with her friends and doing sports. She's the captain of he soccer team. Zach took after me with my green eyes and black hair while Zoe took after Kai with blue eyes and blonde hair. Like I said, complete opposites. Zach is already talking about what college he wants to go to whine Zoe is more about enjoying high school.

On May 23,2026, we welcomed another boy we named Kingston Emery. He's a freshman in high school and is part of the baseball team. He's very similar to Zach. He's considered tall for his age at 5'10. He has black hair and hazel eyes. His also already thinking about college even when he still has three years to go before he can even think of that. He wants to go tot he same school Princeton goes to. But unlike his eldest brother, Kingston wants to study graphic design much like Zach wants to study. Like stated, Zach and Kingston are very similar with similar tastes in everything. Kingston has always looked up to Zach even though there's only a 2 year difference between them.

Eden Kaia Robertson was born on August 12,2027. She'll be starting high school next year and it was bitter sweet feeling since she's the las tot our big kids as Kai says. She's a very lively and outgoing middle schooler just like Zoe. She a sweet girl that will lend you her shoulder to cry on if you ever need it. She'll go above and beyond to make the shy and quiet kid—whether at school or at gatherings—feel welcomed and included. She'll stick up for them not caring if she'll lose a friend. I had actually over heard Kingston asking her if she cared if she lost friends for sticking up for the loner or the quiet kid at school.