47. Kai

September 16, 2020

It's been two weeks since Ashlie was born and in those two weeks, Ashton has been incredible with her. Zeke and I always try our best to give him as much attention  as we can with a newborn. We take turns with each child so Ashton doesn't feel like he's being replaced with his sister. And sometimes we'd do things together as a family of four. Ashton has also been very attentive despite being so little. He's always helping Zeke get Ashlie's bottle or a clean diaper for me or even pick out a little outfit for her.

Zeke was now back at running the gang and his business which meant I was home alone with a one year old and a two week old. Said one year old was currently napping, while I was in the living room feeding Ashlie while also watching Teen Wolf on the tv. This show was crazy good. Caden,believe it or not, had been the one to digest it to me when I asked him if he knew any good shows to watch. So here I was, feeding a newborn while watching Stiles and Derek argue in his loft. I could really concentrate though since I also kept looking down the hall towards Ashton's room and listening to see if he woke up or not.

"You sure are hungry today, little one,"I whispered as I ran my finger over her forehead making her suck harder making me wince. I sighed as her sucking slowed down again making chuckle "you are something else baby girl." After a while she fell asleep and I gently detached everything from my chest before burping her. I stood up from the sofa and made my way down the hall towards mine and Zeke's room to lay her down on her crib and then went to cheek in Ashton who was now sitting on his crib a bit to cry but stopped when he saw me. He stood up in wobbly legs and gave me a big toothy grin as he made grabby hands in my direction. I smiled and walked in turning the light on which made him ahold his eyes from the brightness and k quickly lowered the light so it was dim.

"Sorry babes." I said as I picked hin up and pressed a kiss to his temple, "Did you have a good nap?" He nodded and gave a little yawn in reply as he rubbed his eyes with a closed fist. I smiled and carried him over to the chafing table and changed his  soiled diaper before redressing him and carrying him out to the dining room to get lunch stared while also feeding him. Yes he still feed from me but also drinks from a bottle when he wants to. It was bit difficult cooking with him latched onto me but I somehow managed.

I looked towards the door when I heard it open to see Zeke walking in. Okay let me explain. During my pregnancy with Ashlie, Zeke had begun construction on our floor and made rot into a mini apartment for the four of us to live away from the rest of the gang. But also being close to them incase of an emergency.

"Hey," I greeted him as he walked into the niche when he saw me and smiled.

"Hi, baby," he smiled before pressing a kiss to my forehead and ruffling Ashton's hair making him frown and swat his hand away before turning away and griping my shirt that had been pulled up.  Zeke chucked as he undid his tie.

"How as work?" I asked and he shrugged

"Same as always. These new clients I got are a fucking pain in a ass." He said before giving me a sheepish smile when I glared at him whine covering Ashton's ear at his choice of words, "oops, sorry"

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, "You can tell me all about once you've showered and changed." He nodded, gave me another kiss on the forehead before sauntering down the hall towards our room, "try not to make to much noise, Ashlie is sleeping."

"Alright, Ash, time to get lunch started."

******

"How how king will this project take this time?" I asked as we laid in bed later that tonight after putting the kids down for bed. And he sighed, making me raise a brow.