34. Zeke

February 10, 2020

"How are you feeling today, Kai?" Kylie asked as Kai and I walked into her office for his eight-week check-up. Yes, that's right, my fiancée is expecting our second child and I was over the moon with excitement.

The day that I had found out about him being pregnant again was two days after we had made love. It was a day like no other. I had just finished some paperwork in my office downstairs and went back to our floor and into our room where I found Kai sitting in the middle of the bed with a box and a couple of balloons resting behind it. I was confused and asked what that was all about but all he said was to look inside. I found it odd since it wasn't out anniversary, by that I meant by the day we met and he came to live here with Jonathan which isn't until April.

I approached the bed cautiously and kept looking at Kai and expecting him to jump on me or some shit. It wouldn't be the first time he did. He's very good at scary the living crap out of me when I least expect it.

"It's not going to bite you," Kai had said in exasperation adding, "But I will if you don't look inside it now," I raised a brow but grabbed the box and opened it before my eyes caught in the white onesie that had Hi daddy written in bold inside with a pregnancy test resting on top of it. I looked at Kia who was nervously biting his lip and then tune back to the box and read what was written on the lid. I can't wait to meet you, I know we haven't met yet but I love you already with a pink heart drawn next to it.

"Is this, is this what I think?" I had stuttered and he nodded and just him nodding was enough to have me pulling him off of the bed and spinning him around the room causing him to erupt in loud giggles. When I spotted spinning it, I set Kai on his feet but kept him close by pressing our foreheads together. I closed my eyes as he played with the hair at the nape of my neck. "We're having another baby."

"We're having another baby," he repeated making me open my eyes and he smiled lifting his hand to wipe the tear that had slid down my cheek, "we're going to have our hands full."

"And I don't mind it at all."

And now here we were four weeks later checking to see how the baby was doing.

"As you can see, Baby is doing great. It's healthy and according to my chart the baby is about the size of a raspberry," Kylie said as she loved the wand around Kai's belly and pressed a few keys in her keyboard before pausing and a second later loud and rapid thumps were heard around the room making Ashton turn his head around to figure where the noise was coming from making me chuckle, "it's got a very strong heartbeat."

"When should we come back again?" I asked once she handed Kai a cloth to clean the gel from his barely noticeable bump and she clicked on her keyboard again before the sound of wiring filled the room letting us know that she had printed some ultrasound photos.

"Seeing as you're 8 weeks now, I would like to see you again in four weeks. So that would be in March," she replied before adding, "Would the 15th be alright for you both?"

We nodded in agreement and she nodded as she wrote it down on her notepad before hading us the ultrasound photos she had printed, "we'll see you in four weeks then," I said and she raised a brow knowing that I'd probably be in here before that if we had a war against another gang like we've been having since Rick died, "for his check-up."

"Great, now make sure you take your prenatal vitamins every day and eat lots of healthy foods," she said and Kai smiled nodding, "and I'll be needing to see this little one for his 10-month checkup as well."

"When would you like me to bring him?" Kai asked.

"Will next week be okay?"

"Yes that sounds perfect," he after and so after making another appointment with Kylie, we finally left her office and headed upstairs to the main floor.

"I want to throw a pregnancy announcement for the family."

"Yeah?" I asked questions and he hummed rubbing his belly, "What did you have in mind?"

*******

Two days later Kai and I were preparing for our pregnancy announcement surprise. Who knew that surprising your family with pregnancy was hard? We didn't even have to do this since Caden and Tony had been the first to learn of Kai's pregnancy after we met with Kylie. The gang learned of the pregnancy a few days after and they and been excited with the prospect of having a new leader in the near future when Ashton was older.

Anyway, Caden and Tony had gone to the movies and Kai's parents and siblings along with their partners went to the mall, and Caroline and River went to their old apparent to finish packing the last of their things before moving into their new home that was a few miles away from the main house.

"Alright, can you help me with the balloons?" Kai asked as he walked into the living room with a bag of balloons and I nodded taking the items from him, "I'm going to go feed Ash but I'll be back to help with the rest."

"You're going to rest," I said making him raise a brow but I smiled, kissed his forehead, "I'll finish up, there's not that much to do anyway."

"Are you sure?" He questioned with a frown.

"Yes, now go and feed Ashton and get some rest you've been on your feet all day barely resting for a few minutes when Ashton was done for his nap."

"Okay," he replied leaning up to give me a kiss that I returned before he was was walking out and I sighed.

"Alright, took to get this show on the road."

Kai walked back into the room just as I was finishing putting the last piece of bañar in the wall, "I was cars pulling in."

I looked at the time on my watch and raised a brow seeing as it was nearing 5 and everyone had gone out at noon right after lunch. What could they have possibly gone off to for five hours? Though I'm not complaining as it had given us time to set up the living room for the surprise we had for them.

We stood in the middle of the living room and waited as our family and friends walked in.

"How was that movie you guys went to see?" I heard Alec ask Caden.

"It was good we definitely recommend," my brother answered as they're footsteps few louder the closer they got to the family room. Kai stepped closer to me and I held him by the waist.

They each were having different conversations before pausing.

"Um," Caroline's voice echoed, "am I the only one noticing how quiet the house is?"

I looked down at Kai to see him biting his lip and I pressed my lips to his temple while rubbing at his side to calm him down.

"Now that you mentioned it," Monica said before they walked into the family room where we stood waiting for them, and gasped as she took in all the ballon littering the floor with the banner, Baby Robertson coming September 2020. In bold letters.

"What? What happ-" Landon asked his wife before he too took in the sight before they all were crowding the room and taking in the sight before then.

Caden was the first to break the silence as he walked over and wrapped his arms around my neck, "I'm so happy for you both."