iii. in my head 'til i'm dead

THE BIG RADIO THINGAMABOB

↬•↫

in which lucas sinclair is assaulted with hairspray and jacob ives burns the last of his bridges with mike wheeler

well, hopefully

in my head 'til i'm dead | suzie, do you copy?

〖 why do i waste all my time thinking of you, i'd rather die 〗

why do i waste all my time thinking of you, i'd rather die

↬•↫

tw : mention of sexual assault and r*pe, ptsd

↬•↫

EL RAISED her hand to twist the lock on the front door open, huffing when her hand was immediately pushed back down to her side by Mike, who tilted his head towards the chirpy family of five unfolding sun loungers and a cooler of beer and juice in the front yard across the street.

She parted her lips in a small 'o' of understanding and Max sighed, plucking the bobby pin out of El's hair much to the girl's alarm and hunkering down in front of the lock, "Stand back, I got this."

A few seconds of meddling with the mechanisms in the door later and Max pushed the door open, ushering them inside with an impatient wave of her hand, "Maison da Henderson, or whatever."

"You said that wrong."

"Shut up, Jacob."

The Party and Co. filed in, Lucas and Will bustling into each other forcefully to get through the door first only to be pushed inside by an irritated Mike, which earned him a harsh nudge to the ribs from Jacob, and spread throughout the house as Mike reminded them all of their roles, he and El going off to locate and decide which toys she would be controlling while Lucas and Will set up the banner and noise makers and Max and Jacob went off to raid the fridge and cupboards for anything with chocolate in it to fulfil the girl's cravings because they had nothing else better to do.

They stuffed a pack of chocolate tea biscuits and two cans of soda under Jacob's flannel before heading off to the bathroom so they could eat their snacks uninterrupted, Max grabbing a small FM radio from the sidetable in the hall as they strolled past the room their friends were gathered in quickly to avoid being seen.

Jacob dropped the contents of his clothes into the sink while Max passed him the radio and leaned against the tiled wall, tearing into the pack of chocolate treats. He switched the device on and focused his mind for a few moments until a song they both knew fairly well was playing quietly from the speakers and propped the radio up on the windowsill, taking a seat on the edge of the bathtub.