vii. forever dumb

THE HARROWING HALLOWEEN AND THE DISTRESSED QUEER

↬•↫

in which caleb moore struggles to cope with a recent realisation and is given advice by the most unexpected person imaginable

forever dumb | trick or treat, freak

〖 i'm angry and i'm tired and confused

i'm angry and i'm tired and confused. i've got so many thoughts stuck in my head, and none of them make much sense

↬•↫

tw : mentions of attempted suicide, ptsd/paranoid hysteria triggers and substance abuse

↬•↫

THE PARTY eventually found themselves in one of the more lavish neighbourhoods in hopes of getting a larger sweet haul, but so far they had been given nothing but mini-sized nougat bars, monkey nuts and candy apples.

"I told you guys, this is one of those retirement neighbourhoods - it's full of old people who think slices of fruit cake qualify as a candy." Caleb groaned as they mounted the steps of yet another house, watching as Will hiked the JVC camcorder over his shoulder and Dustin rang the doorbell excitedly. "Can we go home after this one?"

"Dude, no way! Our cases aren't even halfway full!" Lucas scoffed, gesturing to the pillow cases they had each grabbed before departing from Mike's house.

"Why are you in such a shitty mood tonight, man?" Dustin frowned, genuinely concerned about his friend's glum attitude. Mike had berated him and Lucas about their behaviour throughout the day while Caleb was in the bathroom and told them to cut out the bullshit so that they could enjoy their Halloween together, and the two had begrudgingly agreed to push their quarrels aside.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to be - it's just the meds." Caleb swallowed harshly, wetting his lips as the door finally opened to reveal a pale-faced redheaded woman with a warm smile, prompting a monotone, "Trick or treat," from his mouth.

"Awh, well aren't you cute! The little exterminators." The woman cooed, offering them a bowl of mini 3 Musketeers bars.

The Party visibly sagged in disbelief at her words, sharing an exasperated look with each other before simultaneously rolling their eyes and taking handfuls of the nougat bars to stuff into their pillow cases. Caleb stepped forward to grab a handful for Holly, seeing as he had discovered a hatred for the confectionery as the night progressed, and the woman blinked at him in confusion before a slow smile spread across her face.