v. i can't escape myself

THE VARIOUS STAGES OF A MENTAL BREAKDOWN

↬•↫

in which mike wheeler tries to convince his friends that will byers is alive, caleb moore goes full schizo-mode, and the party give el a makeover

i can't escape myself | the body

〖 just wanna break out, shake off this skin

just wanna break out, shake off this skin. i, i can't escape myself

↬•↫

tw : a particularly heavy-ending flashback about the cruelty against oppressed people in america in the early 80s ahead, at first i wasn't going to put the last sentence of it in, but i feel like i have to remind you guys what kind of time these kids were growing up in and why caleb (eventually) struggles to accept himself so much at first

i most likely won't go into detail about things like this in future, but i felt it was necessary - just letting you guys know!

↬•↫

WHEN MIKE finally managed to drag Caleb downstairs and into the basement, the boy practically threw himself onto the couch and curled up into a ball, staring at the ceiling as Eleven adjusted the Supercomm over and over to try and show them proof that Will was alive, or something along those lines. Caleb was too preoccupied with looking at the faces in Mike's ceiling to pay that much attention.

He was focusing intently on one particular face that somehow resembled his previous foster father when suddenly there was a faint, distorted whimpering from the Supercomm and Caleb stiffened, recognising the sound instantly.

"We keep losing the signal, but you heard it, right?" Mike looked around the small circle they had formed on the floor desperately and Dustin looked away awkwardly while Lucas just let out a small sigh.

"Yeah, I heard a baby."

"What?" Mike scoffed, the hope draining from his eyes.

"Mike, you obviously tapped into a baby monitor. It's probably the Blackburns next door." Lucas reasoned, rubbing at his eye tiredly and trying his best to be sympathetic. They all knew how close Mike and Will were, they were the first ones to become friends out of the entire Party and it wasn't a surprise that Mike started grasping for ways to keep Will alive in his mind, however unethical those methods were.

"Uh, did that sound like a baby to you? That was Will!" Mike yelled, quickly becoming frustrated with Lucas' inability to believe anything that wasn't logical fact.