ix. family affair

THE VALLEY GIRL AND THE BOY REEKING OF SUPPRESSED HOMOSEXUALITY

↬•↫

in which shit is unravelling in both hawkins and lenora, gay people are everywhere,

and jacob ives begins to tread the path of destruction he will cause to keep his sister safe

no matter the cost

family affair | vecna's curse

〖 it's a family affair, it's a family affair, blood out there, blood out there 〗

it's a family affair, it's a family affair, blood out there, blood out there

↬•↫

"THERE'S SOME things I have to sort out here - I'll tell you everything when I can, it's just a little crazy right now."

"Uh... right, well we've kind of got some possible Upside Down shit going on down here-"

"I know, I know." Jacob sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose with one hand as he held the phone to his ear with the other. "Just... okay, listen, leave off on the Upside Down shit until I get back. If something else happens, call me, but don't go poking around."

"... Are you telling us to stay out of danger? Are you delusional?!" Dustin exclaimed, then fell strangely silent, "Are you possessed? Is this really you, or is someone else doing the talking here? Dude, do we have to exorcise you?" A pause, and then the boy continued with discernible excitement in his tone, "Holy shit, do we get to excorcise you?"

"What? No, shut up, I just don't want you getting involved when I'm not there to keep you all safe."

"... No offense, man, but you don't have your powers anymore. Not a lot you can do."

"You think back on the entirety of middle school and tell me again if I need my powers to protect you guys."

"Anger issues don't work on outer-dimensional wizards."

"Don't they? And what wizard?"

"Vecna, dude. Frickin' Vecna."

"Vecna? Dustin, what - you know what, I don't have time for this, just... look, one thing, can one of you check up on Mindy? I know she must be fucking destroyed right now."

"Uh... okay, so she's actually kind of involved with all this-"

"Yeah, I know, but I mean like, mentally check on her, you know?"